Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

I expect the audience rating to settle at like 85 or something. Good but nothing crazy in the verified era. Unless there’s unexpected frontloading WW top 10 looks pretty good right now, maybe top half dozen.

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Beyonce can't act but she is a very talented musical artist. So no, I'm not ready to lie to myself.

She’s actually really good in Dreamgirls

2 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

First rotten movie to hit 200+ OW..... Sounds good.

First rotten movie to hit 250+ OW..... Sounds great.

It has the biggest opening weekend for a rotten movie record locked down anyway, sorry Batman V Superman.

It’ll also be the highest grossing rotten movie ever too domestically. Sorry Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Mans chest. 

And worldwide, sorry Fallen Kingdom. 

• Haha 1

22-25 previews seems really optimistic compared to tracking we did here

Well, I guess it just means it's performing more like Fallen Kingdom, than Toy Story 4, with Porthos' comps at least

Edited by Molek

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It has the biggest opening weekend for a rotten movie record locked down anyway, sorry Batman V Superman.

It’ll also be the highest grossing rotten movie ever too domestically. Sorry Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Mans chest. 

But Fallen Kingdom has additional benefit (lol) of being highest grossing movie with Rotten ratings by both Critics & Audience. And that too both below 50%

Although it has CinemaScore of "A-", but we are taking about RT here.

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

POTC DMC was Rotten by critics?? WTF??

Just checked, wow, i mean it wasn't COTBP, but rotten??

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Standards were higher back then. 

Dark days. Now we live in more enlightened times where the best reviewed live-action movies of the summer are funnybook flicks :) 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Dark days. Now we live in more enlightened times where the best reviewed live-action movies of the summer are funnybook flicks :) 

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is a superhero film?

15 minutes ago, TMP said:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is a superhero film?

i for one am happy to see booksmart, the farewell and the last black man in san francisco comic books finally get such acclaimed big screen adaptations

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

Standards were higher back then. 

Yes and no. It seemed much more difficult to get 90% or higher on RT back then, yet blockbusters like the SW prequels, Spider-Man 3 and Kingdom for the Crystal Skull all got a fresh rating. I recall reading a 5 star review of Superman Returns from one of the big film publications at the time and becoming convinced I was going to witness a masterpiece.

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

POTC DMC was Rotten by critics?? WTF??

Just checked, wow, i mean it wasn't COTBP, but rotten??

I know right? It's a perfect popcorn movie with such creative memorable set pieces, characters, score, etc. Huge fan of first 3, my favorite trilogy ever after LOTR

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I know right? It's a perfect popcorn movie with such creative memorable set pieces, characters, score, etc. Huge fan of first 3, my favorite trilogy ever after LOTR

I'm still surprised that those first three movies were made, especially by Disney. The set-pieces in all three films are completely bonkers and there is so much weird shit. Really, there are maybe only two movies since then that got as crazy as the PoTC trilogy did in terms of action.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

POTC trilogy is excellent. Don't understand why 2 and 3 didn't get good reviews. They're just so bonkers and entertaining.

21 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Really, there are maybe only two movies since then that got as crazy as the PoTC trilogy did in terms of action.

-Fury Road

-Fallout? The Raid?