Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

At least it did not go down any more after last RTH projection and it actually ended up on the upper end of the projection. Looking at 185-190m OW. Fantastic number for sure. I had predicted 180m until thursday when PS shot up and I ended bumping my prediction to 210m.

What is the cinemascore?

• Like 1

How much steam does Annabelle3 got os? Under-200 ww is surprising to be honest. (The prod budget is light of course and it will still do 6-6.5x that ww while more than doubling it dom itself.)

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $64,737,201    36.3%
Foreign:  $113,400,000    63.7%

Worldwide:  $178,137,201  

(dom includes Fri, while os is from last Sun i suppose).

Edited by a2k

I was this close to posting an angry rant in which all of the words were in bold, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. This is a very upsettingly high OW for The Lion King and bad word of mouth isn't going to be able to fix the problem it creates. Audiences need to learn discernment. Cinema shouldn't be akin to a fast food restaurant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

How much front loading will occur continues to be the question, and some are seeing a -15% ease from Friday’s number (which includes Thursday’s $23M previews). 

that would mean 66,8 for saturday

53.0 (-20%)

= 198

Sun can hold better though and 200+ still on cards if Sat is 66.5 which would be a 20% bump from true Friday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I was this close to posting an angry rant in which all of the words were in bold, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. This is a very upsettingly high OW for The Lion King and bad word of mouth isn't going to be able to fix the problem it creates. Audiences need to learn discernment. Cinema shouldn't be akin to a fast food restaurant.

Welp. Maybe legs won't be great? Why wouldn't the OW have been huge? People gave expected 150+ minimum OW DOM for years now for this one.

6 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I wish peoples bias was kept to a minimum, at least with the stupid thread titles.

joke
/jōk/
noun
  1. 1.
    a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
    "she was in a mood to tell jokes"
    synonyms: funny story, jest, witticism, quip, pleasantry; More
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:
joke
/jōk/
noun
  1. 1.
    a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
    "she was in a mood to tell jokes"
    synonyms: funny story, jest, witticism, quip, pleasantry; More

Hilarious for sure.