Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

Just now, Jonwo said:

Given Disney remade Pete's Dragon, I don't think we can rule out Treasure Planet but there are more moderate hits that are in the back catalogue that have better potential.

I'm surprised Newsies has never been remade especially since they could use the stage musical as its source rather than the film,

Newsies will likely get the remake treatment eventually. My only wish is that Bale at least makes a cameo.

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

Call it whatever you want. Calling 1.5B a flop is idiotic. Flop for big budget is Justice League. 

Where did I call TLK a flop? I was trying to make a point. An underperformer is not necessarily a flop, and I don't think that I should be explaining this.

On a side note, I really don't see TLK getting to 1.5B

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

23 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

58-60

I don't wanna read something like "ok so 50-55". That will be depressing tbh.

OD is basically hit and trial, from day 2 we know how ratios gonna play so do consider that. Good night.

Edited  by Charlie Jatinder

hmm..that would rule out 190 imo, unless sun surprises like TS4's 1st sun.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Lion King Overseas thru Saturday...

Territories GBO
China $81.0M
France $11.2M
Australia $8.9M
Brazil $8.3M
Russia $7.6M
Germany $6.6M
UK $6.5M
Korea $6.4M
Mexico $5.9M
Spain $3.7M
Netherlands $3.5M
Other $42.4M

Total $192.0M

11 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

63-65

I don't wanna read something like "ok so 60". That will be depressing tbh.

OD is basically hit and trial, from day 2 we know how ratios gonna play so do consider that. Good night.

Ok so 70?

• Disbelief 1

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Tired: live-action Disney remakes

Wired: Animated Disney remakes

Where's my animated Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes? Gus? The Apple Dumping Gang? CONDORMAN?!!

Animated Shape of Water

Just now, filmlover said:

Newsies will likely get the remake treatment eventually. My only wish is that Bale at least makes a cameo.

I've only seen the stage musical rather than the film but I think it's a story that would resonate with audiences and I imagine Disney wouldn't have to spend much on it, it'd be more likely for Disney+ than a theatrical release. 

12 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

63-65

I don't wanna read something like "ok so 60". That will be depressing tbh.

BOMB