sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I sincerely doubt this will have an IM on par with King of the Monsters, even with Tarantino fans frontloading Thursday

Front-loading from Once Upon a Time in the West and Once Upon a Time in America fans. The conclusion to the trilogy 51 years in the making!

• Astonished 1

great preview number. Will be interesting to see how it does over the weekend. 

It played heavily male and skewed a little older. 79% over 25 and 63% male.

Would have liked to have seen better than a 55% definite recommend.

But have to think it can at least get into th 40's.

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

is this correct or Deadline is daydreaming. Sounds too big.

Deadline is drunk. Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Regardless, 125m is going to happen. Which I'm not sure is a great financial success depending on the OS with the large budget and Tarantino's back-end (not to mention the stars potential back-end). Still, far from a flop.

Seeing as the highest any Tarantino film has grossed is just north of 400 mill, I think 300 would make them happy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It looks like tracking knows how to track CBM and nothing else. 

Meanwhile,

17 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Good point. Let’s knock 20-ish% off of it and go with $5.4m

15 hours ago, Porthos said:

Decided to do a final check after all.

Looking all of that over, and taking away 3D from Pika Pika/Aladdin but adding a higher ATP for many more adults and talking away PLF from Wick 3, thinking 5.5m +/- .2m in previews.  

12 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

{ Rocketman Comps 4.58 @ LS13 and 7.27 @ SMCM } . I feel like Rocketman is the best comp since he didn't have as many PLFs where John Wick *did* have some IMAXs (ours never switched over) and Pika was more a family film that skewed older.  5-7M wouldn't shock me at all.   

chris evans eat shit GIF

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

36 minutes ago, Alli said:

the market was hungry for an adult movie. all we had was disney kids movies

This! 

Also, gitesh does seem quiet bias these days. He’s been reporting some questionable/ standard numbers (usually Disney) as being “superb” recently (TS4 opening, TLK Monday drop) yet called this  only “solid” and said it “may translate to mid 30’s weekend”. 

Maybe he hit his head. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Seeing as the highest any Tarantino film has grossed is just north of 400 mill, I think 300 would make them happy.

Would agree. Does anyone who is a big Oscar follower knows what it will contend in? BP seems unlikely though obviously very likely for a nom.