Eric Prime

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

Curse my fast reading, pretty sure when I started my internet up on my phone this morning I saw a spoiler flash up in my reddit notifications. I'd already seen part of it previously on twitter but not the other part so it's not the end of the world as I'd seen the important info already, but good luck to those wanting to stay spoiler free for a few days.

7 hours to go.

Definitely the best MCU spiderman, overall one of the best MCU movies (for me the best, didnt watch all though), and up there with Spiderman 1/2, imo. Not all emotional notes hit, dialogue/exposition could be better and sometimes its like "because the scripts say so moments. But overall its awesome, most jokes land, the action is great and the story and character arcs are surprisingly well thought out. They (mostly) work, i was fully expecting a fanfare just to show off some nostalgia. Of course its full of nostalgia but it uses it to progress the story and characters to the highpoints of the whole franchise.

Important scenes have room to breathe, the highschool part is kept to a minimum and the community type humour where several jokester are on screen and they spill their one-liners, is also toned down noticeably. This were my biggest problems with Homecoming and to a lesser extent ffh.

35 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:
A fun, fantastic, epically emotional adventure reminding us why Peter Parker/Spider-Man is one of the best characters ever created [Review in Spanish]
Full Review | Original Score: 3/5

That review's vocabulary choice and score simply don't match  :winomg:

From what I can tell from putting the review through a translator, he claims that he’s looking at the movie specifically as a Spider-Man fan, rather than through a more objective lens, so maybe that’s why the score is as low as it is? 

40 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

From what I can tell from putting the review through a translator, he claims that he’s looking at the movie specifically as a Spider-Man fan, rather than through a more objective lens, so maybe that’s why the score is as low as it is? 

Funny because one would think that reasoning works the other way around.

3 hours ago, Mango said:

I'm all for the audience getting really into a movie especially after the past couple of years but I do hope when I see it tomorrow night the crowd controls themselves a bit. Several scenes in Endgame I missed dialogue because the crowd was going bananas.

When I saw Avengers I never heard Loki’s squealing after Puny God til I got the Blu ray cause the crowd was laughing so hard. When I saw Endgame. It was impossible to hear Cap whisper Assemble until my 4th showing or so cause the crowd was so loud. I’m totally ready for this movie tomorrow and the crowd reactions.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On the subject of insanely loud crowd reactions, if I don’t hear about firecrackers being shot off and people doing backflips while yelling Dothraki like war chants during a Indian NWH screening then this movie is officially a flop and #crumbling

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

crowds with big MCU event movies are double edge swords because they're hype the energy is great but in some moments you wanna be like BITCH SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!

Thats why you see it twice 😛

Once during OW so you experience yhe energy and once after a few/days when the crowds have died down. 

• Like 2

I am Sooooooo pro rowdy crowds. That’s just what you sign up for if you’re going to Thursday evening showing!! I have said this before, and I will continue to say this, Thursday is a party. You go because you wanna party. If you want to go watch the movie then go on Sunday. 

• Like 6

I saw EG on Saturday during OW, so I don’t think my crowd was especially rowdy, but I do recall there being some cheers. People also cheered during the Marvel Studios logo when I saw IW, which was weird. 

Anyway, I’m seeing this tomorrow, so I guess I’m gonna have to prepare myself for a wild crowd. 

49 minutes ago, Cap said:

I am Sooooooo pro rowdy crowds. That’s just what you sign up for if you’re going to Thursday evening showing!! I have said this before, and I will continue to say this, Thursday is a party. You go because you wanna party. If you want to go watch the movie then go on Sunday. 

I missed out on some stuff working at the theater and having to work Thursday nights, but I think I made up for it with some great SXSW screenings over the years(Cabin in the Woods, Raid/Raid 2, Furious 7, and 21JS).  

IW/EG were definitely a good rowdy time at this IMAX that I am going to this time tomorrow, so I'm sure it will be a good time as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yea I don’t really get the crowd noise complaints, especially if you are going opening weekend.  You have your whole life to rewatch a movie, there are only so many opportunities to see a film with a crowd absolutely losing their shit.  

I hope my crowds on Thursday/Friday are insane and I don’t hear a damn thing 😅

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Yea I don’t really get the crowd noise complaints, especially if you are going opening weekend.  You have your whole life to rewatch a movie, there are only so many opportunities to see a film with a crowd absolutely losing their shit.  

I hope my crowds on Thursday/Friday are insane and I don’t hear a damn thing 😅

I will complain about it forever, because I think it's annoying.  I don't go to the theater for the audience.

4 hours ago, Mango said:

The concept isn't totally new. It's not unlike Days of Future Past or even The Force Awakens. The whole multi-verse angle is just this film's version of time travel from DoFP. 

In DOFP's case, it was definitely FOX's request due to the underwhelming results of FIRST CLASS.  I guess one can't really argue it's the case with MCU/SONY Spidey, since the last one grossed over $1billion, but I'd still say it feels a bit cynical, yes.  As in...it's a shame they couldn't develop a few more better villains for Holland's Spider-Man in his own universe.  On the other hand, Raimi's actors are getting up there (esp. the villains), so I get it, it was kind of "now or never."

1 hour ago, Cap said:

I'm not planning to go to this until next TUESDAY.  So I'm going to be testing my zen-like skills of avoiding most internet/social media...except for this reasonably-trustworthy non-spoiler thread!  Wish me luck!!  (I've read a few early leaks, but really I only have a guess at the whole framework, and I'm sure there are still plenty of surprises...and as I've argued here -- how it all plays out on screen is the most important thing!)

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Macleod said:

In DOFP's case, it was definitely FOX's request due to the underwhelming results of FIRST CLASS.  I guess one can't really argue it's the case with MCU/SONY Spidey, since the last one grossed over $1billion, but I'd still say it feels a bit cynical, yes.  As in...it's a shame they couldn't develop a few more better villains for Holland's Spider-Man in his own universe.  On the other hand, Raimi's actors are getting up there (esp. the villains), so I get it, it was kind of "now or never."

I'm not planning to go to this until next TUESDAY.  So I'm going to be testing my zen-like skills of avoiding most internet/social media...except for this reasonably-trustworthy non-spoiler thread!  Wish me luck!!  (I've read a few early leaks, but really I only have a guess at the whole framework, and I'm sure there are still plenty of surprises...and as I've argued here -- how it all plays out on screen is the most important thing!)

Relax, the Batman cameo hasn't been spoiled yet thankfully. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

I'll hold off my thoughts until I see it again on Friday (my first impression is that it's a collection of scenes (most of which are good/really good!) but not much of a movie).

I will say that I've never had a crowd react to a movie like this. People don't react here - you're lucky to get laughs in a comedy. Even Endgame got nothing. But people here were cheering like it was a concert. WOM is going to be next, next level.

Same here. I have never seen that before. Not even with Avengers movies.

Standing ovation at the end and lots of cheering and clapping during the movie.