Jamiem

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker 558m OS 1.073B WW

TLJ had an opening weekend of $225mn OS-China-SK and legged to $662mn. TRoS is looking at $185-190mn start in these markets and shall leg out to $560mn if same legs as TLJ. A slightly weaker legs, will have it say around $525-550mn. China and Korea shall add to $23-25mn for $550-575mn, that is on expected grounds.

With domestic looking like $495-500mn, That will mean $1.045-1.075 Billion. 

TLJ had production budget of $317mn per Mojo, say its $350mn for TRoS. It will make $525mn Approx from worldwide theatricals, so Disney is in $150mn plus surplus.

Edited by Jedi Jat
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2019 at 7:12 AM, Arendelle Legion said:

It’s a finale everywhere, so OD heavy everywhere shouldn’t be surprising. Of course that’s not what a movie with lower than expected ODs wants to hear, so.... let’s see

Just sayin’ :ph34r:

• Like 1

Hypothetically, if weekend is just $180mn OS-C, and it leg out 2.75x, that will be $495mn, adding $20mn for China and SK, $515mn.

Now if Domestic somehow miss $485mn, we may actually see under Billion Dollar. :apocalypse:

If SW9 miss Billion, I wholeheartedly wish evil of Car Wars 9 and Fossil World 3 too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 1

Moderation:- 

@VENOM has been thread banned for 3 days. 

If you have a problem with an action of a mod, then take it up with an admin. We will not tolerate your insinuations that we thread ban people simply because they are against Disney or that the mods have a bias towards Disney. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

OS BO is lost case. I will wait for holidays to be over before having a gauge on where it will end. But if this dropped so much the next trilogy is in terrible shape. I hope Disney changes mind and delays another trilogy for a while.

I think with how well Mando is doing and the hype around the Obi-Wan series they may pivot to Disney+ for a while and let some anticipation build. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

@Bart Allen is everywhere lol. He has hijacked both BOT and Reddit. He is clearly loving the under performance of TROS. 

42 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The annoying thing is that he pretend he’s not 

Remember when Idris Elba says "I love it" at the end of the second Cats trailer? 😂

So someone cannot like or be curious about a films under-performance? I'm not trolling or anything - I just simply am still shocked Joker made as much as it did - especially with its backlash. Plus how Kennedy dealt with the Trilogy since Disney's acquisition of Star Wars has been utterly shameful ~

3 hours ago, AdrianL said:

So possibly below Joker. Eeeegawd

I'm good with anything over a billion tbh. 

OH MY GOD hahahaha! 😂

Edited by Bart Allen
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

TLJ had an opening weekend of $225mn OS-China-SK and legged to $662mn. TRoS is looking at $190-195mn start in these markets and shall leg out to $560mn if same legs as TLJ. A slightly weaker legs, will have it say around $525-550mn. China and Korea shall add to $23-25mn for $550-575mn, that is on expected grounds.

With domestic looking like $495-500mn, That will mean $1.045-1.075 Billion. 

TLJ had production budget of $317mn per Mojo, say its $350mn for TRoS. It will make $525mn Approx from worldwide theatricals, so Disney is in $150mn plus surplus.

I presume that's not taking into account re-shoots and marketing costs?

46 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Well look on the bright side, it’s apparently doing well in Finland 

Exactly! Forget about it bombing in China, or having the worst opening day for a Star Wars film since 1983 in France - Finland will save the day!

But on a more serious note, this is getting even more interesting! Can't wait to see the numbers next week ~

Edited by Bart Allen

For me the biggest reason we know it's not preforming well (worse than the trades predicted) (other than just tracking the individual markets) is the fact that they didn't release the wednesday cume (they did that for TFA, TLJ and all 3 hobbit movies), and the fact that they didn't give the friday cume (this is extremely strange for a big opener).

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

the fact that they didn't give the friday cume (this is extremely strange for a big opener).

Well, it’s less than a third of the WW opening record, unclear if that really qualifies as big tbh. Deadline was all “no 2020 movie will have a higher WW open” but I’m thinking 4-5 get there (MCU, WW84, Car Wars, Mulan).

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 2