Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Terminator 29, Joker 13.5, Mal2 13.1, Harriet 11.7, Addams 8.3

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

So about 60m domestic and maybe 200 worldwide. This won’t just be a simple flop but a massive massive money loser 

bigger than DP

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

DF over/under Pacific Rim Uprising worldwide and domestic

UNDER

That Dark Fate number. I guess the movie was doomed the moment they decided to name it Dark Fate. on ticket sales I tracked movies normally doubly their 230-3PM number. Dark Fate is not even 50% up from that time !!!!!

AMC - 127460/626537 1851209.93

Cinemark - 97635/494640 1038660

Its time to pull the plug on domestic run as well. Probably will struggle to hit 25m and wont make 60m domestic. WW around 250m at best. Probably closer to 200m.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow. 

I just saw Jojo Rabbit, and I was not prepared. 

Make no mistake, there are some truly funny moments throughout the film. But man does it ever pack an emotional punch. 

Brilliant performances from all the cast, in large and small roles. 

It's 98% audience rating and festival wins make sense. 

I'm going to have to let this one sit a bit.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

That Dark Fate number. I guess the movie was doomed the moment they decided to name it Dark Fate. on ticket sales I tracked movies normally doubly their 230-3PM number. Dark Fate is not even 50% up from that time !!!!!

AMC - 127460/626537 1851209.93

Cinemark - 97635/494640 1038660

Its time to pull the plug on domestic run as well. Probably will struggle to hit 25m and wont make 60m domestic. WW around 250m at best. Probably closer to 200m.

Okay I'm not going to say it looks good but TDF not hitting 60m is just crazy talk. Dark Phoenix managed 65 with absolute shit WOM, and released in a terrible spot. Terminator is a broken but still well known IP, and enough positive is getting said about the movie, it won't collapse that much. 

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

At AMC Joker is up tad over 100%. Mal is up 105-106% in tickets but gross is closer to 100% as it lost Imax/PLF.

What would the weekend look like for Joker?

4 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Okay I'm not going to say it looks good but TDF not hitting 60m is just crazy talk. Dark Phoenix managed 65 with absolute shit WOM, and released in a terrible spot. Terminator is a broken but still well known IP, and enough positive is getting said about the movie, it won't collapse that much. 

wom is similar to Genisys 6.4/10 imdb and Dark Fate in ow already has 6.6/10

10 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

wom is similar to Genisys 6.4/10 imdb and Dark Fate in ow already has 6.6/10

okay first of all I'm comparing DP to TDF, not Genisys. And DP has 5.6 on imdb. The movie was universally shit on bit critics and fans.

Secondly Dark Fate was always going to have negative user scores, you know because the angry internet mob don't like "woke" movies. Pretty sure 90% of those people voting haven't seen it...

3rd - There's no question the reception is more positive than Genisys, if you factor in critics. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't getting said nearly as much that it was the best one since T2. Besides that movie hit around 90m. It's still not good but TDF below 60? Common that's not happening 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

okay first of all I'm comparing DP to TDF, not Genisys. And DP has 5.6 on imdb. The movie was universally shit on bit critics and fans.

Secondly Dark Fate was always going to have negative user scores, you know because the angry internet mob don't like "woke" movies. Pretty sure 90% of those people voting haven't seen it...

3rd - There's no question the reception is more positive than Genisys, if you factor in critics. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't getting said nearly as much that it was the best one since T2. Besides that movie hit around 90m. It's still not good but TDF below 60? Common that's not happening 

that's a poor excuse , for low ratings , why did Alita not suffer the woke backlash? Both pre-release looked bad in my opinion