Eric Duncan

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

It was clear yesterday. Previews were heavily frontloaded as well. Tomorrow and Sunday will be as well. Once the dust settles it will behave like a family movie. but it will have one drop which wont be pretty then settling down to a healthy run.

Yup, hence my comment. Per usual trying to get it out ahead of the whining crowd. 

Youve again been spot on. 

• Like 1

Going to see Knives Out

So many good films for us adults to pick from!

Parasite

Knives Out

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Ford v Ferrari

Doctor Sleep

Marriage Story

The Irishman

Even Jojo Rabbit if that’s your kind of thing

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 6
  • Disbelief 2

Just now, cdsacken said:

Yeah but worse. Granted it will have even better legs than TS4. Clearly I was hoping for 550+ domestic. 450+ works fine

While not my prediction, this is where I should trot out the point I made yesterday in regards to Jumanji..... first films making 400m almost always result in a less than satisfying total for the sequel. Matter of fact, Hunger Games 2 is the only one to outgross the predecessor (as far as film 1 to film 2 goes. Film 2 to film 3 sees a larger % of grosses.) 

Just now, cdsacken said:

Yeah but worse. Granted it will have even better legs than TS4. Clearly I was hoping for 550+ domestic. 450+ works fine

I am willing it bet its OW multi will be lower than TS4. Dont forget that had summer legs and did have a terrific run. This movie has holiday 2nd weekend but after that next 3 weeks the weekdays will plummet. Plus there are movies that will take away screens in December. None more than SW9 which will have the biggest release since Endgame.

Weren't these initial numbers the numbers about what we were expecting from the Thur preview sales over the last week or so?

$8.5m

(43-47) $34.5m - $38.5m

+50% = $51.75m - $57.75m

-20% =  $41.4m - $46.2m

------------------------------

=$136.15m - $150.95m

a 16x to 17.76x internal multi

$8.5m + $34.5m + $48.3m(+40%) + $38.64m (-20%) - $129.94m with a 40% Sat bump off the low end

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Going to see Knives Out

Parasite

Knives Out

Ford v Ferrari

Doctor Sleep

You forgot The Irishman and Marriage Story, even if they're super limited releases

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am willing it bet its OW multi will be lower than TS4. Dont forget that had summer legs and did have a terrific run. This movie has holiday 2nd weekend but after that next 3 weeks the weekdays will plummet. Plus there are movies that will take away screens in December. None more than SW9 which will have the biggest release since Endgame.

I think it depends on how big the next holiday week is. If we see consistent huge numbers it will really help the multi as those are big numbers being added post OW. But if holds are merely average then you may be right.

6 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

I knew Frozen 2 wouldn't reach those high levels that people were predicting but I hope it doesn't pull a Ralph breaks the internet.

You’re hoping it doesn’t increase from its predecessor too?

My man!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Weren't these initial numbers the numbers about what we were expecting from the Thur preview sales over the last week or so?

$8.5m

(43-47) $34.5m - $38.5m

+50% = $51.75m - $57.75m

-20% =  $41.4m - $46.2m

------------------------------

=$136.15m - $150.95m

a 16x to 17.76x internal multi

$8.5m + $34.5m + $48.3m(+40%) + $38.64m (-20%) - $129.94m with a 40% Sat bump off the low end

I can tell for sure a week ago almost no one said previews below 10m. It was only after wednesday data came in I thought it will be 9-10m and thursday moved it lower as its final surge was not great. But for charlie's early numbers you are not off with rest of the projections. I am still thinking 130m OW.

20 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Going to see Knives Out

Parasite

Knives Out

Ford v Ferrari

Doctor Sleep

Marriage Story

The Irishman

giphy.gif

• Like 3

A Beautiful Day is a film for adults where the main concept is an adult who learns to be a better person from conversations with a man who's entire adult life was dedicated to children's emotional and social well being through education and entertainment.  Conversations that were lock and key with the life lessons he imparted to children every day.  Interesting.

• Like 6