Eric Duncan

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Frozen 85.25 3-Day, 123.75 5-Day. Thanksgiving record! | KO 27/41.7, FvF 13.2/19, ABDITN 11.8/17.3, Q&S 11.7/15.8 | BLACK FRIDAY SALE UNTIL SUNDAY - GOLD ACCOUNTS 25% OFF

41 minutes ago, a2k said:

Not sure of 300 but F2 can get close to 295 by Sun imo.

163.8 after 20.8 Tue

23.5 Wed

15.3 (-35%)

35.2 (+130%)

34.8 (-1%)

21.6 (-38%)

= 130.4 5-day ; 294.2

140 seems doable if today's number is very strong. 

Edit: Damn, even Deadline is saying 23.5/135. I think it's very doable at this point.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Menor said:

140 seems doable if today's number is very strong. 

Edit: Damn, even Deadline is saying 23.5/135. I think it's very doable at this point.

if true that could mean dom finish of 550-600 right ?

Lets get to the end of the weekend and have a definitive point to look at before starting the 550+ talk. Yall are forgetting the massive difference in the types of Decembers that 2013 and 2019 represent as far as the screen holding that will happen. Weekend 3 will be over 50% off - something even Frozen 1 couldn't avoid and then weekend 4 and 5 both Jumanji and Star Wars will eat into showtimes, no matter how well the film is doing. 

Week/end 6 deals with christmas and both a new womens film and an animated family flick on top of the expansions and such. There is way too many potential pit falls to peg hopes on the very thing some of us were trying to get yall to consider when grimacing at the opening weekend. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jmcconnor said:

It'll still very much depend on the legs, after Thanksgiving and probably after Christmas as well. We have to remember how much of the originals money came in 2014.

For those wondering it was aprox 135m which Frozen 2 would be fortunate to duplicate cause it wont be close. 

47 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Lets get to the end of the weekend and have a definitive point to look at before starting the 550+ talk. Yall are forgetting the massive difference in the types of Decembers that 2013 and 2019 represent as far as the screen holding that will happen. Weekend 3 will be over 50% off - something even Frozen 1 couldn't avoid and then weekend 4 and 5 both Jumanji and Star Wars will eat into showtimes, no matter how well the film is doing. 

Week/end 6 deals with christmas and both a new womens film and an animated family flick on top of the expansions and such. There is way too many potential pit falls to peg hopes on the very thing some of us were trying to get yall to consider when grimacing at the opening weekend. 

I'd be happy with 500 talk. That seems way more realistic now than yesterday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Oh yeah. I was totally expecting a 60% drop for F2 over the December 6-8 weekend and that was well before these recent numbers came in pointing to how big Thanksgiving could be. This is still going to leg it out to a HUGE gross but it's still going to burn off a large chunk of demand over the next 5 days.

Who cares though? If it reaches the $99M 3-day @Menor was speculating on, a 60% drop would still make a $39.6M 3rd weekend! So still tons of mileage left

• Like 2

If Wednesday does go as high as 23.5 (or even the 25 I've seen proposed by a few people) it shows just how backloaded Frozen II. It shows just how SMALL the opening weekend was for such a popular animated film. I mean, $23.5M is +13% over Tuesday! That's unprecedented. Usually we're looking at +/- 5% or anywhere in between. Remember, this is also coming off a HUGE Tuesday increase too. Who knows? Maybe we'll just get an enormous Thursday drop to compensate for both the inflated Tuesday and Wednesday numbers. Maybe not though. I'm just trying to be realistic.