TMP

Ferrari | December 25, 2023 | Mann/Driver | NEON

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

already screened at Venice, critics reviews are embargoed until this evening but the Letterboxd ratings are almost all in the 2/3 star range.

Damn, I guess that's why they couldn't find a distributor. If it's indeed poorly reviewed.

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

already screened at Venice, critics reviews are embargoed until this evening but the Letterboxd ratings are almost all in the 2/3 star range.

Not great for BO perspective but Miami Vice and his other great later work also scored similarly upon release so...

Just now, TheDude391 said:

Not great for BO perspective but Miami Vice and his other great later work also scored similarly upon release so...

Correct. I was stunned to see how even Blackhat is on many Top 10 lists from that year. People forget that the Rotten Tomatoes score and contemporary reviews for Heat aren't even close to the stone classic it is considered today - to say nothing of Miami Vice.

I believe Michael Mann probably made a very worthwhile movie. Adam Driver playing another famous Italian....sigh.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 9:36 AM, Plain Old Tele said:

The more F1-related movies the better. 🔥

This does look good,,,much ot my surprise. I was not impressed by Mann's last couple of films.

Still, I think "Grand Prix" is the best racing movie ever made, even today the racing scenes are incredible;