Eric the Minion

Disney+ | MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS A KEVIN FEIGE PRODUCTION: ROGERS THE MUSICAL (Featuring HAWKEYE) | November 24, 2021

Glad they released the first two episodes cause the first one didn't have enough Clint for me but episode 2 is where the show finds a good balance of humour and fun.

It is a bit of a cheat code to have Hailee Steinfield in your project as well. And really happy the stakes aren't anything greater than what the trailer suggest so far.

Loved the first two episodes. Already better than the entirety of the other MCU shows, IMO. 

It should be called Kate Bishop though, Hailee is stealing the whole show already. 

I have a theory about Vera Farmiga’s character: 

Spoiler

She’s the main villain I think. She knew Kate’s apartment had gone on fire before the police had even phoned Kate to tell her. I also can’t see Vera signing up for a generic mom role in TV.

Just caught up on this.

I've always had a soft spot for Hawkeye following Age of Ultron. I love him as the sardonic dad of the group and that film helped reframe him as the most human Avenger.

This was a lot of fun. Tone is pitch perfect, doesn't take itself too seriously. Love the silly Russian Mafia. Some great one-liners from them. Action is fine for TV. Hailee Steinfeld is already an incredible movie star and has that electric larger-than-life charisma that's perfect for the MCU. The scale helps prevent the show overreaching like some of the other properties. The relationship Hawkeye has with his daughter is very touching. I think I nearly cried when the pizza dog popped up, I didn't realise he was blind in one eye and my heart broke. If anything happens to him I will riot. 

Just want to correct you here, the mafia are actually speaking Polish in those rare words they're saying, not Russian.

I know because I speak Polish decently well. And also the actor is Polish.

I liked this, Jeremy Renner is all right, Hailee Steinfeld is crushing it as usual. She's so good, how does she do it? Like her role isn't even that good to begin with, but she manages to lift any role to a higher status. Every time.

I don't know where this will land ultimately but right now I think it's right in the middle in terms of MCU Disney+ shows quality. Has lots of room to grow though, the first episode was all exposition so didn't do much.

Edited by Daxtreme

I enjoyed the first two episodes. Renner good as always, but Steinfeld is easily the MVP (also proving she's a badass in addition to a superb talent). Other positives: the Christmas in NYC setting, the dog, the always welcome presence of Farmiga, Tony Dalton bringing the "Charming A-hole" vibes.

:hahaha:at what we saw of Rogers: The Musical though. It looks like the kind of ridiculous nonsense the same crowd who turned dreck like Dear Evan Hansen into a Broadway smash hit would also eat up in reality. Assuming in the MCU there's a petition out there to prevent James Corden from playing Hulk in the film adaptation (titled Rogers!, obviously) like the one that's currently going around to keep him out of the Wicked movie. @Cap

• Haha 1

The lighting in the MCU shows has been consistently bad (I never had these problems with the movies, so what gives with these shows), but the pilot is almost unwatchable. The lighting is just atrocious here, because everything is so dark and hard to see. The beginning when Kate Bishop's messing around with the clock tower is impossible to decipher anything. If this is what the rest of the show will look like, we're boned big time here.

• Haha 1

The whole "Rogers:The Musical" bit is so swiped from "Batman The Musical" in "Batman Beyond".

But it's still fun, as is the whole show.  And that Hallie  Steinfeld is easily stealing the show could have been predicted, She has a way of stealing movies and shows, going back to True Grit.

Clint good, Kate good, Echo good, Yelena hype, show is really vibing for me. Easy top 4 of year so far, let’s see how we finish.   

But most important part of ep (don’t click if you want to remain pristine for ep 4):

Spoiler

[Man chuckles]

Edited by Eternal Legion

I have a bad feeling about this. 3rd episode was complete letdown for me. TFATWS level letdown. Action was terrible, only comedy bits between Kate and Clint were +.

Spoiler

I didn't pay much attention to Ronin thing in Endgame but yeah that's some evil shit seeing now. 

Even now, didn't like him shooting arrows, badly hurting many of the tracksuit gang. An Avenger hurting common folk like that, yikes. The whole thing looks stupid to me revolving around a costume. 

The brief Echo origin story was quite good, Cox has presence and I can see why King Kevin wants to invest in her character/casting long term. Honestly that's my one complaint with this episode: I wanted more of her, and I say that as somebody who genuinely enjoyed this episode and certainly giddy with that certain trick arrow. Internet's biggest inevitable takeaway will overshadow everything else, be fun to see that certain thing elaborated upon next week. 

EDIT - Apparently I missed Kate making fun of the USB arrow. Ha, callback. 

Edited by RRA
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I have a bad feeling about this. 3rd episode was complete letdown for me. TFATWS level letdown. Action was terrible, only comedy bits between Kate and Clint were +.

Hide contents

I didn't pay much attention to Ronin thing in Endgame but yeah that's some evil shit seeing now. 

Even now, didn't like him shooting arrows, badly hurting many of the tracksuit gang. An Avenger hurting common folk like that, yikes. The whole thing looks stupid to me revolving around a costume. 

They are not common folks and Ronin only killed criminals, you missed the point entirely.

Avengers hurt "common folks" if they are not in the good side, what Avengers have you been watching lol.

Edited by Fox20

1 minute ago, Fox20 said:

They are not common folks and Ronin only killed criminals, you missed the point entirely.

Avengers hurt "common folks" if they are not in the good side, what Avengers have you been watching lol.

Yeah but that's like super sad/evil stuff to kill people like that being judge jury and executioner all by yourself.

Common folk as in normies with no superpowers and stuff. Let the police handle such stuff.

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

it is. everywhere I turn people talk/are excited about

Hide contents

you know who's voice

BTW, is it me or Ronin's identity is entirely predictable and obvious? 

obvious? To who? You saw Endgame, right?👀

• Haha 1