Eric Duncan

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** WONDER WOMAN 1984 SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

I'm dumb so I didn't really understand the Egypt sub-plot. Man felt so weird to watch the first Wonder Woman film which while had some humour was mostly serious to the action scene in the mall which felt like it came out of Superman II. Granted I don't think the movie was quite as cheesy as that scene was again but was a tonal whiplash.

Did they hurried VFx on this one? Because VFx are straight-out pathetic. All the lasso climbing/gliding scenes were awful except the two she flies in sky.

Also, Barbara went from make me a cool woman to give me a tail and body hairs. 😫

Also Also, except for losing her skirt, Barbara was exactly the same in first scene. She was still acting goofy.

Also Also Also, Alistair wishes for his Dad to be there, all the wishes were fulfilled instantly why did it takes so long for him to do anything.

Also Also Also Also, the film is reverse Aladdin. 

I can't stop thinking about that scene where a British woman tells an Irish guy that she wishes the Irish were deported and he in turn tells her to die. Completely wild shit.

24 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Also Also Also, Alistair wishes for his Dad to be there, all the wishes were fulfilled instantly why did it takes so long for him to do anything.

That wasn't the wish Alistair made though. Lord stops him before he makes that wish.

28 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Did they hurried VFx on this one? Because VFx are straight-out pathetic. All the lasso climbing/gliding scenes were awful except the two she flies in sky.

Also, Barbara went from make me a cool woman to give me a tail and body hairs. 😫

Also Also, except for losing her skirt, Barbara was exactly the same in first scene. She was still acting goofy.

Also Also Also Also, the film is reverse Aladdin. 

One wish per person right; Alistair already made a wish for his dad greatness.

Barbara wanted to be an "apex predator", "dont want to be like anyone else" - hence cheetah.

I watched it twice in cinemas, made alot more sense the 2nd time round.

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Alistair had already made a wish earlier in the movie

I remember reading the leak about how Steve comes back by possessing a random man, and then goes on to have sex with Diana. I already thought that sounded like a questionable idea, but my hope was that there would be some acknowledgement of how such a thing is morally questionable at best. I’m not sure why they even felt the need to go that route. They should’ve just had Steve materialize back into existence, Endgame style. 

• Like 4

Loved the movie overall. Despite being produced to some capacity by Zack Snyder, none of his influences/style is in the movie. This very much felt like a Richard Donner Woman Woman film.

I'm kinda glad they went lighthearted and over the top with this one. I don't think they could have taken a grounded and dark take on the script's plot.

Pedro Pascal looked like he walked right out of Dallas.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I can't stop thinking about that scene where a British woman tells an Irish guy that she wishes the Irish were deported and he in turn tells her to die. Completely wild shit.

That wasn't the wish Alistair made though. Lord stops him before he makes that wish.

I can't see the film because no theaters open within a 100 mile radius, but I have read there are a few shots aimed on the current but soon to be gone resident of the White HOuse in the film.

31 minutes ago, dudalb said:

So the film plot swipes a lot form the classic Horror Sotry "THe Monkey's Paw".

Yeah and I think they even make mention of The Monkey Paw in comparison to the MacGuffin of the film.

Edited by Jamiem

15 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

IMO you are missing the point. Steve is, let’s say, Diana’s anchor to humanity and ultimately her moral compass.It doesn’t have to be bad because he is a man.In Steve she sees that humans can be better and he restores her faith in them and her faith that they are worth fighting for. Ultimately, the choice is up to her. And it was not about joining the villain, it was about saving the world and keeping Steve. At the end he makes her realise that she can’t have both so she decides to let him go.

Steve being her moral compass is my biggest issue with this whole franchise. She's the superhero but for some reason in both movies it's Steve who does the heroic thing and she only chooses to do the right thing after remembering that she loves him. It makes Steve the hero of Diana's story/journey and the entire reason for her heroism. Diana knew Steve for a few weeks almost 70 years ago, and she spent all that time after he died living amongst humans, but somehow he's still her anchor to humanity? She has had decades with her human friends but I guess they don't matter to her at all since she was never in love with them. Once they figure out the truth about the stone, Steve immediately realizes what they need to do, but she keeps refusing to do so. In the end after almost dying she still refused to renounced the wish until Steve pushed her again, and she finally passively agrees to do so after crying and saying that she'll never love again. Instead of Diana being a hero and realizing that the world and billions of people far outweigh her own selfish childish wish, it's Steve once again making the hard call and being the hero and her being forced to go along with it.

In a nutshell, Diana is just a passive reluctant actor in her own heroic journey and Steve is the driving force and the real hero both times and that doesn't work for me.

Edited by Lion Roar
  • Like 2