Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread (7/30-8/1) | Jungle Cruise 34.2M DOM, 27.6 OS, 30M PA | Green Knight 6.78, Old 6.76, Widow 6.4, Stillwater 5.1

15 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Yeah lot of people online expected King Arthur: Legend of the Sword type action from this movie. :lol:

This is the first I'm hearing of this movie not being a gritty CG fantasy action film. The second trailer looked really cool.

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

If I was betting, I'd say yes - with that preview, Jungle Cruise under Space Jam 2 for the weekend...but who knows.  I'd like to see a Friday number b/c Disney fans are rabid fans, so they might show up, since I don't think many are planning PA buys...or they might not and just enjoy an Olympics weekend...

But I remember SJ2 has a meh IM over the weekend, probably hurt by HBO max, but people still have to paid to see JC on Disney+,

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Yeah lot of people online expected King Arthur: Legend of the Sword type action from this movie. :lol:

…did people even watch the trailer for this? Having literally watched the film last night, the cries about it being “mis-marketed” are complete bs.

I haven’t seen The Green Knight yet (going in a little bit), but the trailer looks exactly like I’d expect from the description of “David Lowery adapts Sir Gawain and the Green Knight:” evocative, moody, contemplative, surreal, and not especially action-heavy. I’m having trouble seeing any area where A24 is really being egregiously deceptive.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I haven’t seen The Green Knight yet (going in a little bit), but the trailer looks exactly like I’d expect from the description of “David Lowery adapts Sir Gawain and the Green Knight:” evocative, moody, contemplative, surreal, and not especially action-heavy. I’m having trouble seeing any area where A24 is really being egregiously deceptive.

And I would say that that description is completely accurate. I’m genuinely confused on how people are interpreting the film as an action-heavy epic when the trailers for the film don’t give off that vibe at all.

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Would people want that, though? King Arthur is horrid.

Edited by cookie

58 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ooft. Completely rejected. That standing ovation at Cannes was for nothing lol. 

I’ve heard it be described as a remake of Taken where nothing happens.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rorschach said:

…did people even watch the trailer for this? Having literally watched the film last night, the cries about it being “mis-marketed” are complete bs.

I just watched the trailer to check whether you're correct: you're not. The trailer is absolutely full of people brandishing weapons, swinging weapons, strange monsters. The thumbnail is of Dev raising a massive axe triumphantly. Come on. If you're not familiar with the director you're 100% gonna expect action from this movie.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 2

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don't really think 750k for Green Knight is bad lol

Yeah, people seem to be forgetting the biggest opener A24 has was Hereditary at 13m lol. 

With the Delta breakout and theaters still not having fully recovered, if it ends up close to 10m OW that’s pretty good for it imo.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1