YM!

April 8th-10th Weekend Thread | $72m OW Sonic 2, biggest Paramount opener since 2014, $8.69m OW for AmbuLAnce, $6m+ for EEAAO

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Everything Everywhere was placed in smaller theaters near me and ended up adding showtimes at a few locations tonight (some are moving it into bigger theaters tomorrow). Given how bleak it's been for the indie market since the pandemic era began, $5-6M expansion is really good.

Agreed.  Even pre-pandemic, I’d be satisfied with something in that range for a movie that is going to appeal infinitely more to very online film buffs than to a more general audience.

Sadly though, it’s also not playing anywhere within two hours of me, so I have to wait at least another week to check it out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

I mentioned in the tracking thread yesterday that Cinemark and other chains are currently in the middle of a one-each-day Harry Potter marathon that concludes on Wednesday, and are skipping on bringing back either of the Fantastic Beasts movies. If that doesn't scream "no confidence in the new movie," I'm not sure what does.

Sorry, but this is just completely incorrect.  They aren't "skipping" on showing either of the Fantastic Beasts movies, they aren't showing them because Warner Bros. took them out of circulation and theaters aren't allowed to book and show them.  

Did anyone else think that while Everything Everywhere is a lot of fun and Michelle Yeoh is fantastic, the last hour and ah half felt like too much of a good thing and a tiny bit try-hard? Would still recommend it but it's flawed. 

Edited by Flopped
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Kevin Feige’s face when Sony insists on making these aberrations cause “the marvel brand will carry it”.

there-it.gif

If the house is not built with a sturdy foundation then it will fall down.

df952ba499d52ea3f8676267b0e0987a.gif

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Sorry, but this is just completely incorrect.  They aren't "skipping" on showing either of the Fantastic Beasts movies, they aren't showing them because Warner Bros. took them out of circulation and theaters aren't allowed to book and show them.  

Hi - were Deadline accurate with their TLC number? I didn't even like it that much, but I'm rooting for it because of what it represents. 

8 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Hi - were Deadline accurate with their TLC number? I didn't even like it that much, but I'm rooting for it because of what it represents. 

Deadline is low, it is more like $2.7m

• Like 6

Feel like Lost City is having a pretty eh run given its OW. Two 45%+ drops in a row means 100M is dead. Good for the current market, but we still have a long way to go.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Feel like Lost City is having a pretty eh run given its OW. Two 45%+ drops in a row means 100M is dead.

It will dip just below 40% this weekend and next week's holiday will boost its Friday. But I do agree 100M is most likely dead. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Did anyone else think that while Everything Everywhere is a lot of fun and Michelle Yeoh is fantastic, the last hour and ah half felt like too much of a good thing and a tiny bit try-hard? Would still recommend it but it's flawed. 

Yes, the hallmark of overediting. And a bit too multiverse….

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Can't say about past but today you are the one coming out of nowhere and throwing "you hate xyz" on Legion. May be you are the one who need to ignore Legion because he in no place mentioned you.

Exhibit 

And he still hasn’t responded to either. He rarely posts or remarks about original films whatsoever unless it’s to take note of them underwhelming and then argues Universal dumped a film because they knew audiences wouldn’t like despite shelling out SB money and film receiving A- Cinemascore? Doesn’t seem like dump job to me 

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

I mentioned in the tracking thread yesterday that Cinemark and other chains are currently in the middle of a one-each-day Harry Potter marathon that concludes on Wednesday, and are skipping on bringing back either of the Fantastic Beasts movies. If that doesn't scream "no confidence in the new movie," I'm not sure what does.

Some Harry Potter movie keep playing every now and then.