Eric S'ennui

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE WEEKEND THREAD | Read the first post for the rules

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I could totally see Paramount double-featuring The Lost City with Top Gun at drive-ins at the end of May to push it past $100M if gets close enough to the mark. Which seems likely.

It's the perfect movie to have a big Mother's Day weekend special to push it to $100M - 3 weekends away!

4 minutes ago, tawasal said:

I like that because there aren't that much competition, most movies are getting leggy. I love long runs, instead of short ones. 

Movies opening to massive numbers is fun as well, but seeing 20-35% drops for some weeks/months is satiesfying on a different level especially as its rare to see nowadays.

• Like 2

Just now, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Movies opening to massive numbers is fun as well, but seeing 20-35% drops for some weeks/months is satiesfying on a different level especially as its rare to see nowadays.

Yeah, it's good but I still want them to break records and have long sexy legs like we have seen with NWH, than what we got with Endgame. It was impressive opening, but really nothing afterwards to talk about. TFA was also amazing run and more like NWH. I also want to see more smaller movies have leggy runs even if they don't make it to 100m gross. 

• Like 2

It does seem like Good Friday wasn't nearly as frontloaded as it has been in past years. Perhaps because this was the first actual Good Friday people could fully celebrate in about three years after a pandemic more or less took out two of them.

22 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Is this going to miss a multiplier of 2?

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I tried to tell you guys to stop freaking out before you even see the numbers. So much doom and gloom for no reason.

WB will be feeling gloomy when the Fantastic Beasts 3 opening is in the low 40’s though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Is this going to miss a multiplier of 2?

WB will be feeling gloomy when the Fantastic Beasts 3 opening is in the low 40’s though. 

It has to make around 77m-78m to get to 2X and it's at 65m in 4m wknd, so I highly doubt it will get beyond 1.8x. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

Yay at Everything Everywhere increasing. Would LOVE if it somehow legged it out to beat Uncut Gems to be A24's biggest film but won't know how legs will be until end of month. 

Edited by AdrianL

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

Will Ambulance go streaming after 17 days in theaters?

Yep. So will North Man and Bad Guys.

If EEAAO follows other A24 films it has 3 weekends in cinemas exclusively.