Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

2 hours ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

So so much. It is my primary hobby, BO is #2.   

The Caleb Gannon cube is better than I expected, love vintage cube.

My roommate is really into mtg and he's been trying to teach me the game lol. Haven't had the time to properly get into it but seems pretty fun (got really into Gwent over the pandemic and this seems more complex). Something I'm gonna try to get into during the summer.

9 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

My roommate is really into mtg and he's been trying to teach me the game lol. Haven't had the time to properly get into it but seems pretty fun (got really into Gwent over the pandemic and this seems more complex). Something I'm gonna try to get into during the summer.

card games are one of the best turn based strategy games. I spammed Heartstone for a few years and it was so fun.

if you ever want to beat your friend this is what you do. You bait him in a control deck meta, then you have a rush deck to use that he doesn't know about

• Like 1

3 hours ago, upriser7 said:

I am curious about this. Is this same for almost all the MCU movies or is it even more skewed for DS2? I am surprised to see that its only 33% Caucasian

Caucasian are saving money for TGM

I don’t think I’m surprised by the B+. As a horror fan, I don’t read too much into Cinemascore lol. $91m would be a great opening, hopefully it gets over $200m. 

On a side note about the Latino audience discussion, they’re known for turning up for horror films, unless they’re made directly for them: La Llarona and The Marked Ones. 

Edited by Krissykins

1 hour ago, SupermanLego said:

My god, the spin on this loool

This is a Marvel movie with some horror elements. Huge difference.

Meant to quote whoever said B+ was a good cinemascore for a horror move. The cinemascore comp is other Marvel movies not horror.

Edited by CloneWars
  • Thanks 1

Do you think Firestarter could open well next weekend considering it’s the first wide release horror film in 8 weeks? 

I think reviews and the Peacock/Piracy release might kill it, but it could do decently on Friday the 13th. 

43 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

MCU-Rated.png

LABEL YOUR Y AXIS,
RATED BY WHAT, BY WHO, SCORE OUTTA 10? OR IS IT SOME SORT OF ORDERING SYSTEM. IMDB RATINGS?? ROTTEN TOMATO??

you're meant to be purple i'm hurt

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Do you think Firestarter could open well next weekend considering it’s the first wide release horror film in 8 weeks? 

I think reviews and the Peacock/Piracy release might kill it, but it could do decently on Friday the 13th. 

I think Universal's dumping it. Barely seen anything for it since the trailer dropped.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cookie said:

I think Universal's dumping it. Barely seen anything for it since the trailer dropped.

Ah I see thanks. Must be because of the Peacock deal. I’m getting social media ads constantly here in the UK (where it’s cinemas only). 

56 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

internet’s lack of interest is what will kill it 

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Smart roommate ;)   

The last time I really got to play much was with friends at Stanford, since then it’s been all online. It’s super fun imo, great blend of complexity, interaction, imperfect information, and randomness (the randomness inherent from a shuffled deck, far less explicitly random effects than digital only ccgs). The combat system adds a lot of depth vs Hearthstone style CCGs, as does the mana system. So fun that it really tanked my grades, so waiting for summer probably wise 🤣   

• Astonished 1

5 hours ago, Flopped said:

The weirdest B+ Cinemascore is still Bridesmaids. It had LEGS and the public ate it up. Was it the raunchiness? 

Scholarly Version: Affective genres have more heterogenous spectatorship.

Colloquial Version: Horror, Comedy and Erotic films involve a greater degree of subjectivity in their reception as they are all involved in attacking the body with a particular experience. As a result even the highest rated of those films are going to be polarising to a certain degree, especially if they stay exclusively within their genre but are not utterly milquetoast versions of what is expected. A film that is going to build up a legacy in those genres is likely even more to have some lukewarm reception since it is likely to be slightly askew from the general expectations.

Hence the only Horror films that have managed particularly completely universal acclaim since 1990 are Silence of the Lambs (is also basically a procedural thriller), Get Out (also a very overt sociopolitical commentary) and IT: chapter one (Adaptation of the bits people like of a known and established property).

Comedy has a fairly similar, albeit not quite as marked pattern.

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Dr. Strange 2 just opened though

Anyone else  think the mcu shows  are going to affect it in the long run. liked the film but i have to say was suprised fiege didnt do much to bridge the gap btn  wandavision and this esp to those unfamiliar with the show. i know you dont have recap everything for them but major character defining moments happen and it lives a portion of the audience confused.  MCU  has made a name for itself by creating a mostly coherent interconnected universe and this movie starts to undermine that . 

Good numbers for the weekend

thinking 196 to 202m 0w

• Like 1