Eric Prime

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

On 6/13/2022 at 6:16 AM, StormbreakerXXR said:

Happy “Thor: Love & Thunder” first sales day! I’m going to throw out an early previews prediction of $29M. 

I know that it’s summer so that will technically allow more people to go see it as opposed to an April or May date, but I don’t see it matching MOM just on the hype factor. 

kneel GIF

Edited by StormbreakerXXR
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 4

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Impressive that Minions is still ahead of its previous movie. May be friday increase will be softer. Let us wait and watch. I dont think the 1st movie faced this big a opener in its 2nd weekend taking away more screens(including all of PLF). 

Minions dropped 57% against Ant-Man.

22 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

They never provide preview numbers. I think comscore data is not visible until sometime today if I am not wrong and that includes friday presales as well. We have to rely on Deadline or some other source reporting previews shortly. I think Disney generally tends to be later than most studios. 

Yeah, it has to do with the way the accounting works, because preview grosses are shifted across days/weeks after the fact, so some figures are visible, but most are not until that process is complete, but are still reported to studios as is

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Biggest aggregate weekend in 2022 incoming! This weekend can very well challenge the $222m weekend led by MoM

If you look at the true weekend (just FSS), should be the top grosser of the year 

4 minutes ago, M37 said:

Yeah, it has to do with the way the accounting works, because preview grosses are shifted across days/weeks after the fact, so some figures are visible, but most are not until that process is complete, but are still reported to studios as is

There are different access levels. I think previews numbers are visible to distributor for their own movies.

They are rolled at end of day in overall numbers and based on some hourlies numbers, etc one can estimate the actuals, but they are usually almost accurate. The only major deviation I have noticed is TFA, its preview should be 54M.

• Like 2

Very good. 

150M is probably locked since it would have to get a lower IM than both DS2 and NWH to miss the milestone, and honestly i think it's a bit absurd to expect a Thor movie that already behave differently during presales to be more frontloaded than a juggernaut SM movie. 

I think 155-160M is the goal here. 

10 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Even an IM as bad as NWH and MoM will get Thor 4 to above 150m, so it is safe to say 160m is the target. 

Looking like 40m true friday according to presales I'm seeing in the tracking number thread. Sat jumps will be mute or can stay flat .

Let's see where walk-ups take us.

150-160m.

It can miss 150 if Fri comes in 40-42m range . But thinking 44-45m.

• Like 1

Moderation 

@SpiderByte the attacks and fights against people “hating” on the MCU is done. It’s not funny anymore and is frankly more immature and ridiculous than the people saying the MCU is doomed forever. Continue the kinds of posts like this, and you will be threadbanned

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1