Eric Prime

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

37 minutes ago, Agafin said:

This is the kind of overzealous analysis that makes even the most incredible run seem disappointing to some people. 

You are literally declaring that TGM is locked to have a multiplier of at least 7 from this weekend. Obviously wrong.

“obviously wrong”

Here are TGM’s Sat to Sat drops during its run 

week2 = -5.3%
week3 = -44.1% (lost PLFs to JWD)
week4 = -21.2%
week5 = -23.1%

week6 = -19% 

So if it were to make $17M for the weekend, that’s about $27M for the week, getting it to $609.  If it then drops -21%/week from then on, the average of the last 3 weeks, it gets to $700M by mid-September. And that’s not including a Labor Day weekend bump, plus the IMAX/PLF re-release that’s almost certainly coming in August and will boost the numbers too.

Now if it starts seeing weekly drop of -25% instead, then getting go $700M gets dicey 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

didn't watch most of the shows. i did check out moon knight because of isaac/hawke and thought maybe it could be something a little bit different. boy what a blunder that was! 

Moon Knight was unwatchable. The cast deserved better. 

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the best disney+ marvel show is hit monkey (yes i know it's hulu in the US). that show is actually legit. feige should greenlight a hit monkey movie if he wants to save the MCU.

It is also great...but after last night's news, this movie would literally never happen...

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the best disney+ marvel show is hit monkey (yes i know it's hulu in the US). that show is actually legit. feige should greenlight a hit monkey movie if he wants to save the MCU.

Thought you were joking at first but it is an actual show! 😂

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thought you were trolling at first but it is an actual show! 😂

And not only is it an actual show, but CoolioD1's right - it's the best D+ one, too (except it's on Hulu here).

It actually wraps a pretty cool and original story arc with interesting characters...but in starts with events that are eerily like last night, so watcher be warned...

Edited by TwoMisfits

59 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Since L&T is looking to have a strong opening, does that officially debunk all the people who claimed Lightyear flopped because of a one second lesbian kiss, or is the movie nowhere near as queer as we were led to believe? I haven’t watched it yet, so I honestly don’t know. 

This will likely answer your question:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/thor-love-and-thunder-comes-under-fire-for-queerbaiting/ar-AAZlY5V?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fc7380f4ccaa474cba79c291c9b5e46d

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

And not only is it an actual show, but CoolioD1's right - it's the best D+ one, too (except it's on Hulu here).

It actually wraps a pretty cool and original story arc with interesting characters...

Its available on Disney+ here, maybe i’ll try and catch it sometime. 

41 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

The only superhero series I thought was actually great that I've seen the past decade on any streaming service or cable television was Invincible. After that, first season of Legion was pretty great. That's it. The rest of the rest are either good, good enough, passable or worse. Most being in the "worse" category though. Just my two cents. I haven't seen Peacemaker yet though. I have, I believe, seen all of the other ones though.

Watchmen was great, better than any of the recent superhero movies by a considerable margin

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It is also great...but after last night's news, this movie would literally never happen...

Had never heard of this show and looked it up...yikes, have they slapped a content warning on it yet? No they're not doing a movie version of that any time soon.

I thought Disney was past the queerbaiting days, shame.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2022/07/box-office-thor-love-and-thunder-1235060300/

Friday afternoon: Disney/Marvel’s Thor: Love and Thunder looks to be arriving around $70M for Friday on its way to a $130M-$140M opening. If those estimates stick, that’s a fantastic opening. There’s nothing to be cynical about here especially with the fourthquel beating Thor: Ragnarok‘s opening Friday of $46.4M by 51% and its 3-day of $122.7M by 14% on the high-end. That estimated $70M take today includes last night’s $29M. If that figure maintains, it will be the 9th best opening day for an MCU title ahead of Iron Man 3‘s $68.8M and behind Captain America: Civil War‘s $75.5M.

The Thursday night preview audience exits from Screen Engine/Comscore’s PostTrak weren’t through the roof for an MCU movie last night (which is when all the die-hards come out) notching 3 1/2 stars from general audiences and a 63% definite recommend, and 3 1/2 stars from kids under 12. Parents liked it a bit better at 4 stars. General audiences repped 84% of all ticket buyers last night with 9% parents and 4% kids. The audience skewed 58% men, 42% females with 53% between 18-34. Men over 25 were the bulk at 34%, followed by women over 25 at 25%, men under 25 at 24% and women under 25 at 16%.

Thursday night PostTrak for Eternals was a 75% positive and 3 1/2 stars from general audiences, with a 57% recommend.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

The only superhero series I thought was actually great that I've seen the past decade on any streaming service or cable television was Invincible. After that, first season of Legion was pretty great. That's it. The rest of the rest are either good, good enough, passable or worse. Most being in the "worse" category though. Just my two cents. I haven't seen Peacemaker yet though. I have, I believe, seen all of the other ones though.

Yeah Invincible is legit.

I make time for that one.

• Like 1