Eric Loves Rey

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

Gotta say, im a bit surprised at these critics and early audience ratings. I though L&T would be an extremely easy job/sell for a GA-friendly, fun time at the movies with a shot at 500M+ DOM. Obviously, with presales beeing the way they are and a 140M OW looking more likely than a 170M one, i guess i was wrong.

Just now, Brainbug said:

Gotta say, im a bit surprised at these critics and early audience ratings. I though L&T would be an extremely easy job/sell for a GA-friendly, fun time at the movies with a shot at 500M+ DOM. Obviously, with presales beeing the way they are and a 140M OW looking more likely than a 170M one, i guess i was wrong.

i think the director probably agreed with you that it'd be an easy job that's why he made it on autopilot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

Blah. Even if I love it (about to find out), I can’t believe the MCU out out back to back GA stinkers.

Especially with Strange, Wanda and Thor of all characters. Arguable the most popular characters after the Infinity Saga and now their part of these films.

Can’t be good for the Marvel brand.

22 minutes ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

Blah. Even if I love it (about to find out), I can’t believe the MCU out out back to back GA stinkers.

I'm not exactly rooting for this movie, but how is 85% a GA stinker?

1 minute ago, MOVIEGUY said:

Watching the MCU fandom slowly turn into the Star Wars fandom has been both hilarious and exhausting

Cant wait for Ant-Man 3 to ruin everyones childhood when Scott drinks some juicy milk.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

900M probably.

Just like if Avatar 2 don't make 2 billie, its a FLOP

I dont think the members of the Cameron gang would survive anything less than 3 Billies at this point.

Oh December could be fun. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

Watching the MCU fandom slowly turn into the Star Wars fandom has been both hilarious and exhausting

in what way? By hating I it? If anything most are still gushing and going “it’s not supposed to win Oscars!” On the Marvel subreddits 

Thought the first half of L&T was meh, but I genuinely really really liked the second half. Great stuff there. Probably a 7/10 overall, but given how much I liked the good stuff, I could see it getting better on rewatch.

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Thought the first half of L&T was meh, but I genuinely really really liked the second half. Great stuff there. Probably a 7/10 overall, but given how much I liked the good stuff, I could see it getting better on rewatch.

6/10 for me.

Do agree second half is stronger but found the first half bad.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Eric Odinson said:

That indicates about a "B" Cinemascore. Which is bad.

Right, but I'm pretty certain Cinemascore & RT user score diverge all the time. On top of that, both have in the past diverged from the actual box office. As in, a movie with a low-ish Cinemascore has good legs and vice versa. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John Marston said:

in what way? By hating I it? If anything most are still gushing and going “it’s not supposed to win Oscars!” On the Marvel subreddits 

Yeah, the two are not alike at all. Marvel stans will never criticize, Star Wars stans are always criticizing. Except with Rise of Skywalker. They refused to admit how bad it was. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Right, but I'm pretty certain Cinemascore & RT user score diverge all the time. On top of that, both have in the past diverged from the actual box office. As in, a movie with a low-ish Cinemascore has good legs and vice versa. 

Not for an mcu movie . This is very fan driven franchise . A B cinema score is bad.

3 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Not for an mcu movie . This is very fan driven franchise . A B cinema score is bad.

Okay, I see the logic now. By virtue of MCU having a very large fanbase, the OW Cinemascore and early RT user score oughta be very high.