Eric the Fall Guy

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

The late presale rush might indicate somewhat better walk-ups than I was thinking before, people buying tickets online day of or just a day before. Was thinking 130-145 before, now I think 140 looks like a good bet, maybe up to 155? 

29+42+41+33 for an initial guess.

Given this will be the biggest weekend thread until the countdown’s deadline, plug-in:

Submit your top 100 lists of all-time this month for our forum’s countdown coming up in August!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Sorry, Chris Hemsworth’s butt should be bringing in AT LEAST 60m more in OW revenue. Anything less and it’s just poor marketing by Disney.

If the meat hammer was viewed in full glory, we’d have no talks about a disappointing OW. $300m OW would’ve been locked.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

If the meat hammer was viewed in full glory, we’d have no talks about a disappointing OW. $300m OW would’ve been locked.

None of that Gone Girl bullshit either, I'm talking NC-17 dong.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

28 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Saw it after work. The movie isn’t very good. It’s not bad, and the third act kicks things up several notches all round. But overall, a disappointment. 
Nowhere near as good as Ragnarok. 

So, you're saying it's a "wait for D+"  WOM type movie...that killed Lightyear's legs...that "it's not bad, but it's not actually very good, either" WOM that had almost no one love/rave about the movie...

I think Thor 4 will do very good, at least initially (it’s a 6/10 for me). People just love the character much more that Dr.Strange.

I watch fewer and fewer MCU products these days and every time I do, I’m reminded of why the Winter Soldier is the best of the lot: less silly, off- putting humor, better balance of humor with great, crisp action.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, you're saying it's a "wait for D+"  WOM type movie...that killed Lightyear's legs...that "it's not bad, but it's not actually very good, either" WOM that had almost no one love/rave about the movie...

I’d say it’s worth going to see for Bale who is great in it. But yeah, I don’t think fans are going to be too impressed. 

I’d never say wait for D+ as I think these things are best seen in the theatre regardless. Others might feel differently to me, but based on its own standards Waititi hasn’t touched the last one he made. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

I hope we hear about plans for F4 and XMen this year. Why hold off on such big brands. 

Is F4 really a big brand? I mean, I think it'll be plenty big in the MCU but it's never translated well or made good money in any of its other incarnations. 

As for X-Men, I think they're just putting enough distance between the previous franchise because there was so many films made in that series. 

Between SDCC and D23, I expect we will get info about both properties. 

1 minute ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

Is F4 really a big brand? I mean, I think it'll be plenty big in the MCU but it's never translated well or made good money in any of its other incarnations. 

As for X-Men, I think they're just putting enough distance between the previous franchise because there was so many films made in that series. 

Between SDCC and D23, I expect we will get info about both properties. 

All F4 movies were terrible. Hopefully they can make a good one this time around. i thought the characters are very well known. Though fitting them in this universe could be a challenge. How were they missing in Infinity wars saga? 

So XMen could be in cold storage for few more years for people to forget Fox versions. Could be tough the way Wolverine ended plus we saw PS in MOM. 

3 minutes ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

They can just say they were still regular people during that time. 

Think more likely that they were stuck in the Quantum Realm since the 1960s. 

34 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Starts with an 89% verified audience score (a tiny amount of ratings though). 

All critics 69%, top critics 55%. 

Now Verified Score sits at 85% with 50+ votes