Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 3/17-19 | Weekend Est. - Shazam II $30.5M, Scream VI $17.5M, Creed III $15.4M, LXV $5.8M, #AintMan $4.1M

21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Shazam verified audience score up to 86%. Didn’t it start off at 71%? Maybe a B+ then? 

I think it was more of a system glitch on RT site than actual 71%. 
I think B+ as well, but even A- wouldn't surprise me cause kids / families are gonna love it.

23 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Shazam verified audience score up to 86%. Didn’t it start off at 71%? Maybe a B+ then? 

I don´t think it will go as low as B. I didn´t vibe with it but it´s a solid 2 hours entertainment. B+ seems likely or even A- imo.

4 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I think B+ as well, but even A- wouldn't surprise me cause kids / families are gonna love it.

People really need to stop looking at verified scores the second it goes up. I don't know if it's a system glitch that prevented more reviews from coming in but the 71% literally came from 5 people giving it a positive review and 2 people giving it a negative review. (you can inspect element and see the raw totals). That's it. The 71% focus is just due to design decisions on RT website that obscures how low "<50" reviews can entail.

They really should modify it to something minimal like "either at least 50 reviews come in or a film has been out in theaters a full 24 hours" before they display the raw score.

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Wasn't a glitch, it was just a very small amount of reviews to that point 

8 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

People really need to stop looking at verified scores the second it goes up. I don't know if it's a system glitch that prevented more reviews from coming in but the 71% literally came from 5 people giving it a positive review and 2 people giving it a negative review. (you can inspect element and see the raw totals). That's it. The 71% focus is just due to design decisions on RT website that obscures how low "<50" reviews can entail.

They really should modify it to something minimal like "either at least 50 reviews come in or a film has been out in theaters a full 24 hours" before they display the raw score.

Is the % on RT verified based on positive/negative or based on the score that the audience give?

47 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

I agree even now the data is ""likedCount":365,"notLikedCount":60,"ratingCount":425," which is not big enough sample in my opinion. Let us rather wait for Postrak which does a large sample. RT will be valid probably post OW. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Is the % on RT verified based on positive/negative or based on the score that the audience give?

% is based on percentage giving a positive review but they also give the average review score. I imagine verified user scores inflate that even more than they inflate overall scores because "% positive" negates intensity of feeling impacts beyond pure sampling bias.

• Thanks 1

Do we have a "true Friday" update for Shazam yet? I think that'll be more revealing than the RT Verified/Cinemascore stuff at this point. This movie desperately needs viewers. We already know it lost the Rotten war and will have to suffer the consequences in terms of hype going forward.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Do we have a "true Friday" update for Shazam yet? I think that'll be more revealing than the RT Verified/Cinemascore stuff at this point. This movie desperately needs viewers. We already know it lost the Rotten war and will have to suffer the consequences in terms of hype going forward.

$7.6M per Deadline 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

When I recommend it for this week I was expecting to get a theater count…  😅

I know some people who are thinking 4M+ but I just can’t see it, guessing maybe 1500-2000 locs

• Like 1

Can we all admit WB somehow squeezing $67m opening weekend out of BLACK ADAM was actually extremely good for what it was? Had the films reception been better, sequel would be looking at serious increase. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Can we all admit WB somehow squeezing $67m opening weekend out of BLACK ADAM was actually extremely good for what it was? Had the films reception been better, sequel would be looking at serious increase. 

I think shazam is a victim of the dc announcements earlier this year. Had they switched places......

29 minutes ago, excel1 said:

More so Dwayne Johnson’s star power is a bigger brand than DC.

• Like 2