kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

4 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Since this is a supers weekend...I finished the Disney Moon Knight series this week (watched over 2 weeks)...I think I needed to be on something to understand that series b/c after a promising start, the last 3 episodes are some of the wackiest and most confusing (with huge plot holes and nonsensical thing) I've seen so far in Marvel.  It felt like an editor got too cute by half just trying to edit for confusion vs good tv...

It was disappointing b/c I did so enjoy the setup, but I kinda hated the landing...

Now to head back to watch A Man Called Otto on streaming as the weekly palate cleanser before I go back to completing the Doom Patrol series...

I'm an actual Moon Knight comic fan, *there are dozens of us*

And that show was god awful. They botched him so badly and didn't seem to understand his character at all.even beyond that, it's filled with bad writing ang atrocious CG.

The only worthwhile Marvel Disney+ stuff was werewolf by night and Loki.

• Like 8
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2

4 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

And that show was god awful. They botched him so badly and didn't seem to understand his character at all.even beyond that, it's filled with bad writing ang atrocious CG.

As a normie enjoyed it . It's my second favorite D+ series , enjoyed multiple personality aspect and Isaacs was great in the role but yeah the final episode was weak . The reveal at the end was great.

Everything outside Oscar isaac was meh for me. Action was meh as usual but overall better product than most MCU shows.

Now most of what you have mostly said with exception of atrocious CGI and not God awful but extremely mediocre is how I feel about Loki. 

• Like 1

I actually really liked Moon Knight up until the plot became an incomprehensible mess from I think about halfway through. Once they head to Egypt the whole thing really starts coming apart.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TMP said:

They same "gamer" in that trailer like they're hurling a racial slur

It kinda was back when the actual guy became a pro in early 2010s. Now nobody really gives an F if you call em a gamer.

I loved Hailee Steinfeld in Hawkeye . She was amazing. But Bumblebee ... for me is something unforgettable . that role was f** awesome. One of the best performace of the year. She is a great and an amazing actress. Not just a cute face like some people might think.

p.s: i can't find a single actress to replace Steinfeld. let alone 50. She is tooo gooood. maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

The DGA was always unlikely to side with the WGA unfortunately. Tele's talked about it in the WGA Strike thread.

but since is striking is likely happening from actors, no solidarity , they look elitist , of course directors can't be replaced from ai unless youtube generated content so that they dgaf, bad look, they should strike to force them to bargain with writers

• Like 1

Just now, Ryan Reynolds said:

but since is striking is likely happening from actors, no solidarity , they look elitist , of course directors can't be replaced from ai unless youtube generated content so that they dgaf, bad look, they should strike to force them to bargain with writers

They should but it was always unlikely, as I said.

2 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

Moon Knight was the worst tv show I watched in all of 2022. The first episode was great too. 

Hoping Little Mermaid stays above $40m with that Saturday number and that Spider Verse stays over $120m. 

51 minutes ago, Mulder said:

The DGA was always unlikely to side with the WGA unfortunately. Tele's talked about it in the WGA Strike thread.

45 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Sets often get toxic when writers get stuck between the director and actor's suggestions for script revisions and are forced to compromise and appease both or say no to one party.

Now that the different guilds are taking sides, sets could actually become even more chaotic post-strike with actors and writers ganging up on directors and the latter reacting by becoming more tyrannical. Oof.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Agafin said:

Saturday bumps feel muted across the board. $37.5m for ATS is definitely on the lower side. And $15.75m would be a pretty bad jump for TLM, barely over 30%.

Maybe school holidays started earlier this year than usual in parts of the country?

Summer Sat bumps are muted cause weekdays hold is stronger. People don't have to wait for weekend to go see movies so demand is more evenly spread through the week. Outside of summer and holidays, weekdays holds are ho-hum but Sat bumps spike. Nothing to panic about. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 7

Another reason for the soft bump is that previews are basically an entire day now. Spider verse started at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday so it's definitely burned off some demand. So there's no rush to go out and see it on Saturday seeing as it's basically played for two full days already. Plus, like others have mentioned, summer weekdays are in full bloom, maybe not today but surely next week the weekday numbers are going to be very strong.

• Like 1