kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

someone said 7M+ yesterday.

More than decent. People are raving it everywhere. It isn't just SH geek thing. Seeing it this weekend. 

Yeah, the mounting praise isn't even primarily from Comic Book Movie fans unlike other properties in this realm (even though they are partaking in it wholly as well), it's from the general public. That's why I'm higher on this than a lot of people might be. 

Edited by Bobzaruni
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bobzaruni said:

Yeah, the mounting praise isn't even primarily from Comic Book Movie fans unlike other properties in this realm (even though they are partaking in it wholly as well), it's from the general public. That's why I'm higher on this than a lot of people might be. 

same. If it was just expected fandom than yeah but this has crossedover to normies.

• Like 1

Considering the previous one opened with around $35M on its way to $190M (different time of year and all that), any opening above $100M would definitely guarantee a $250M+ total and a healthy increase. Seems rare for a sequel in this day and age.

54 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

someone said 7M+ yesterday.

More than decent. People are raving it everywhere. It isn't just SH geek thing. Seeing it this weekend. 

It's early but it's a 4.69/5.0 on Letterboxd which is insane. So, with that, if Guardians Vol. 3 holds at just under a 4.2 on Letterboxd, we'll have two of highest rated superhero anything on that app/website ever releasing within a month of one another. AtSV would be #1 for supers stuff. GotGV3 would be Top 10 there for supers stuff... Maybe even just outside the Top 5. Pretty crazy!

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

Into The Spiderverse is easily my favourite Spider-Man film and top 3 superhero movies. Leap of Faith is my absolute favourite scene in a superhero flick and one of the most memorable, most inspiring (and inspired) scenes in any movie I've seen. I literally have a couple of pictures of that on the wall in my home office because I can look at it all day, every day. I am so fuckin excited to watch this on Sunday in LieMax and I am so happy it's being embraced by audiences. Over Homecoming, por favor, 

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Flopped said:

6.95 for Mermaid Thursday 

Ooh that would only be about -16%. 

Aladdin fell -14% but not in the face of $18m+ Thursday previews for Spider Verse. 

$40m+ and under 60% second weekend possible for Little Mermaid? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Does Sony have anything beside Spiderman (animated and live) to keep them afloat? Morbius flopped. Venom is holding thanks to Spiderman connection. Anything else? 

No, they need to rename themselves Spider-man Entertainment. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Does Sony have anything beside Spiderman (animated and live) to keep them afloat? Morbius flopped. Venom is holding thanks to Spiderman connection. Anything else? 

no. pretty much all their other franchises are mid level stuff. Bad Boys, Ghostbusters, Uncharted. The Jumanji movies were big but idk how much more juice they can squeeze outta that one.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

No, they need to rename themselves Spider-man Entertainment. 

:ohmygod::bravo:

Thanks @CoolioD1 I forgot Jumanji is theirs too but yeah not a thing they can stretch to infinity.

Thanks @Krissykins All those other franchises (eg. Insidious) are indeed mid in comparison to SM. So SM Entertainment it is after all. :)

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Marvel wise they have Kraven in October and Madame Web next year. 

This year Sony has: No Hard Feelings, Insidious, Gran Turismo, Equalizer 3, Anyone But You, Napoleon, Thanksgiving and Ghostbusters.