kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

7 minutes ago, M37 said:

Ok fine, not the number we were hoping for, but still think ATSV has a good chance to challenge if not top GOTG3 for best (non-Mario) OW of the year. Over $105M, up to ~$125M

For the biggest TMobile $5 blockbuster of the year, John Wick 4 did 8.3x off its previews.  

So, $144M on the nose seems doable:)...

Yeah, yeah, I know I'll be disappointed, but I'm gonna head into this weekend with optimism:)...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Seems a little high for The Marvels... don't know where all the confidence for that is coming from

Trailer played very well in front of my TLM audience. I think some people underestimate how much women like these characters. 

7 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

Trailer played very well in front of my TLM audience. I think some people underestimate how much women like these characters. 

I watched Marvels trailer 2 times in theater (while watching GOTG3) and both the times Iman's character received lot of cheers. She had so much charm and energy

I should add, the 2nd biggest TMobile deal of the year, Creed 3, did 10.71x off previews, so I was keeping myself in check with the Wick 4 comparison.  I mean, to make up for the lesser Caucasian and age skew that Spidey will have, you could divide the 2 preview multipliers and get a much higher possible 3 day:)...but, let's stick to $144M optimism...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

For the biggest TMobile $5 blockbuster of the year, John Wick 4 did 8.3x off its previews.  

So, $144M on the nose seems doable:)...

Yeah, yeah, I know I'll be disappointed, but I'm gonna head into this weekend with optimism:)...

If the reasons fo whjy it didn't hit between 18 and 20 are true then I'm with u.

As someone who thought Spider-Verse would do 85-90M Max Opening Weekend just a month ago, I am ecstatic to see this preview number and an Opening Weekend 100M+. 

We're seeing a sequel of a small opener explode due to WOM and many, many people realizing how dumb it was to skip Into the Spider-Verse in theaters. 

I already can't wait to see how Beyond's Opening Weekend performs in a couple years lol.