setna

Weekday numbers 7-31 to 8-3

55 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Every once in a while, something from a smaller studio will crash out hard and the theaters will dump it in Week 2. Oogieloves and Playmobil come to mind: neither got near $1 million for the OW in over 2,000+ theaters, the per theater averages were in the $200s. Haunted Mansion is practically Endgame compared to a Delgo.

That reminds me that we actually had a Playmobil stan on these forums back then! Ah, good times.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I hope that Oppenheimer estimate if too low by at least $215K so that it crosses $200M on the same day Barbie crosses $400M.

Would love that to be the case but wouldn't that make it basically flat with Weds? I suppose it's still possible

1 hour ago, Fanboy said:

11.2 would be a bit disappointing since all that is opening tonight is Meg. Hopefully it has a bigger Friday jump than last weekend. 

I don't think disappointing and Barbie should ever be in the same sentence like ever. 11.2 million on its third Thursday? And you call that disappointing dude WTF

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just now, baumer said:

I don't think disappointing and Barbie should ever be in the same sentence like ever. 11.2 million on its third Thursday? And you call that disappointing dude WTF

I mean relative to yesterday as that's a 12.5% drop. As stated before if Barbie has same bumps as last weekend from Thursday it would fall short of 50M. But I expect it will have a bigger Fri/Sat jump than last week, I'm hoping it can beat Jurassic World's 3rd weekend. 

• Knock It Off 2

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah The fact that Mission is losing more  screens so the Meg 2 can get more screens. Sigh 😃

You do realize that its Joever for MI7 at this point. I dont think those lost theaters would make that much difference. Those would be underperforming ones. Big plexes still have it and that is where most of the change is made. Anyway it was targeting 6-7m at best. So it has enough theaters for the same though I believe its going to gross close to 5m than above range. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

You do realize that its Joever for MI7 at this point. I dont think those lost theaters would make that much difference. Those would be underperforming ones. Big plexes still have it and that is where most of the change is made. Anyway it was targeting 6-7m at best. So it has enough theaters for the same though I believe its going to gross close to 5m than above range. 

Yeah I know.That;s why i put the smiley face. The fact that this will barely crawl to 160 or a little more basically NO Time to DIE numbers and that had much better INT numbers.  Just what a clusterf of a release and marketing strategy.  

I only went back to 2008 so I could be wrong here but this could be the first August weekend in history with four films grossing over $20M. The first two weekends in August 2019 each had three films gross above $20M and it was also accomplished a few years before that. This would be the first time for four films, though. It would also be only the second weekend this summer in which four films have grossed at least $20M with the previous time being June 16-18 with The Flash, Elemental, Across the Spider-Verse and Rise of the Beasts scoring $20M+ each.

We're like those Alaskan bears feasting on salmon as they swim upstream in order to survive those cold, lean months which are fast approaching.

• Like 10

TC doesn't matter as much as scren counts Like HM keeps the theater count, but its showtimes will decrease. One screen cinemas ultimately lose films, but where the big bucks made films get a decent run for weeks. Expecting OP to keep showing strong legs, IMAX demand still at peak.