ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

Absolutely No Spoilers, no matter how vague even under spoiler tags. This applies to all movies currently in theatres and streaming shows that are releasing/recently released. 

No Fanboy Wars. Comparisons are OK but do not troll. Use the report button rather than engaging a troll. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

The fan reactions painting this as a horrid movie in every way are baffling to me. Honestly this is just proof that the general audience just only wants CBMs to be there for fan service and escapism anymore. Don’t even try to do something outside the box. 

Yeah, I expected disaster but I liked it. Not perfect but solid and interesting. Better than any Marvel movie I've seen in years (I use the word movie loosely and generously). 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 2

3 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

The fan reactions painting this as a horrid movie in every way are baffling to me. Honestly this is just proof that the general audience just only wants CBMs to be there for fan service and escapism anymore. Don’t even try to do something outside the box. 

I don't think you can say this when the RT score is in the 30s. It's not just audiences rejecting it, it's critics too. That's not even in like divisive or negative leaning on divisive range.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Yeah, I expected disaster but I liked it. Not perfect but solid and interesting. Better than any Marvel movie I've seen in years (I use the word movie loosely and generously). 

Moderation

Hi. No Fanboy Wars. ZeeSoh said so. Do this nonsense again and you’re getting a thread ban. Your choice.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I don't think you can say this when the RT score is in the 30s. It's not just audiences rejecting it, it's critics too. That's not even in like divisive or negative leaning on divisive range.

Critics pan most DC movies. I just don’t see how a movie with great acting, cinematography, some clever ideas and well executed musical numbers can be getting panned to this degree. Critics are supposed to give artists a bit of room if they try something new writhing a stale genre I thought. No goodwill is being afforded to this movie. 

• Like 1