Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

But thankfully, as per Wikipedia, "Another universe could possibly be created by random quantum fluctuations or quantum tunneling in roughly 10^10^10^56 years."

Booking my tickets for Universe 2.0 Earth 2.0 local corresponding cinema equivalent for the year 1+(10^10^10^56). See you all there!

(Until it gets delayed again.)

Edited by Marathon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

That call will be taken second week of April. If OS and domestic situations don't improve, that will be next. Currently I see everything till the end of June at least being delayed.

Yeah, second week of April is when they have to actually sign the contracts with the theaters,and cancelling becomes more difficult..and expensive...then

Disney is going to have to eat the legal costs and some form of compensation to the theaters because they cancelled Mulan so late; they don't want to repeat the situation with BW.

8 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Well, at least this movie will have one record:

First Movie to be delayed for TWO different DECADES.

What a great way to end the Marvel Fox Era.

And delayed by two different studios...….

Edited by dudalb

11 hours ago, Curtis1986 said:

Just put this in D+

THis. It's not like this had big box office  potential, or that it cost a lot of money (45 Million budget,) and it was being dumped anyway.

With good marketing, you can turn this from a throw away threatical release, to a Major Disney+ event.

On 3/14/2020 at 12:46 AM, stealthyfrog said:

Which will happen first: New Mutant releasing in theaters or The Rock becoming president?

Both will happen before Chaos Walking starts another round of reshoots. :stirthepot:

So likehood:

ROTUS

NM

CW

Edited by Valonqar

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

For those keeping count, this is Delay Number 4. Some folks converted their pain into some handy charts.

90059950-2895587390529704-28270742926705

89601635-294518294864084-753742329562201

18 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The  first Delay wasn’t to “avoid Deadpool 2” . I believe at the time they actually wanted to do reshoots to make it “scarier”

Which it never got;the Disney release is "as is".

It is a problem film if ever there was one.

I repeat,that it has been on the shelf for so long is not a good sign as to quality.

20 minutes ago, AJG said:

With what Universal just pulled i wouldnt be shocked if this goes to Disney+ once it has its European launch.

If this movie does go straight to streaming, it seems more likely that it would be dumped onto Hulu. Still, I keep hearing rumors that the movie is contractually obligated to be released to theaters. 

On 3/15/2020 at 11:31 PM, dudalb said:

Which it never got;the Disney release is "as is".

It is a problem film if ever there was one.

I repeat,that it has been on the shelf for so long is not a good sign as to quality.

The rumours were that the film was a mix of horror and John Green-esque emotional coming of age genres, like Boone's The Fault In Our Stars. The original date was close after the enormous success of the first IT, so Simon Kinberg wanted the film to be reshot and made into straight-up horror to better resemble It: Chapter I.

But they never got the chance due to the Disney/Fox acquisition and then once DP bombed, Kinberg probably had zero say on how NM turned out (if he still had any after the merger). So seeing how Kinberg was the main opposition to Boone's original vision, and seeing how his own judgement is incredibly spotty at best, it's probably for the better that the film wasn't reshot. Don't think the lack of reshoots or delays necessarily have any bearing on the quality of the actual movie. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

So seeing how Kinberg was the main opposition to Boone's original vision...

Ahem

Himself referring to the movie as "one of the worst-reviewed movies of last year", Boone added: "Look, you can only go up after Dark Phoenix. That's not to say anything bad about the people involved, but it was what it was.

"Honestly, I feel less pressure now than I did ahead of [the first slated release date]. Because we've tested our movie so many times, and audiences have loved it."