Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

So the marketing blitz for IT has finally started? It took them long enough!
insane.png

WB had their summer slate of films to get to first.

• Like 1

With the buzz this is garnering I really wouldn't be surprised with a completely unfreakinbelievable OW.

Like blockbuster sized. 90m maybe??

I really want to get my expectations tempered and it goes without a saying that anything OVER 50m would be stellar but, the hype points to something way more. It's like the BatB situation. You just can not deny how enormous it is!

• Like 5

I definitely think this is doing 65-70m OW. Maybe more. It's gonna be huge. 

And the buzz is definitely there, I've heard so many people talking about it. Its social media presence is also unprecedented.

Edited by Heretic

Anyone else thing that the jump scare at the end of the 2nd trailer and this new TV spot...where the clown rushes towards the kid/screen is absurd? Brings down an A-movie/promo down to B-level.

56 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

One thing that makes me a tad concerned is Warner doesn't seem to be having any advanced screenings of It, they've been showing Annabelle: Creation for months now, why not It?

I don't think they need to. Maybe WB's wants to keep this movie spoiler free as possible because they know they have a giant hit on their hands coming up.

4 hours ago, Harley said:

This movie is going to be massive. It'll do better than most superhero movies this year. 

Let's not get carried away.  It's not coming anywhere near 300 and that is the lowest it looks like any of the superhero movies will do.

• Like 3