Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

3 hours ago, Harley said:

It'll do better than 300m depending on reviews of coarse.

It would be the first horror movie to do so.  I'd love to see it happen but that seems really tough.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

It would be the first horror movie to do so.  I'd love to see it happen but that seems really tough.

yeah for me, if this hits $50-60 for the OW and anywhere near $140-$150 total, I would be happy.  Anything over that would be gravy.

• Like 1

The event film of the fall, and WB knows it. I have a feeling marketing is going to skyrocket over the next 4 weeks.

Would be surprised at anything under 60M OW at this point, unless of course reviews are in the sewers

;)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The event film of the fall, and WB knows it. I have a feeling marketing is going to skyrocket over the next 4 weeks.

Would be surprised at anything under 60M OW at this point, unless of course reviews are in the sewers

;)

I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic at 45M OW which while great (and would have been seen as overperforming before the trailer record) would still have some seeing it as a disappointment. 

On 8/1/2017 at 8:22 PM, Boxofficerules said:

The nightmares! The nightmares!

Alright, finally get to hear his voice but 2 TV spots are enough for me. Trying to avoid them now and probably going to unlike the Facebook page because I saw them and it was too tempting.

He does sound a bit like Tim Curry and I'm glad it's not completely sinister. Looks like the marketing blitz has begun.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

One thing that makes me a tad concerned is Warner doesn't seem to be having any advanced screenings of It, they've been showing Annabelle: Creation for months now, why not It?

No reviews allowed but there's been advanced screenings since January. And wow at the runtime. That's a lot longer then I expected for a horror movie (even though I know the length of the book). Ton of time for character development.

Remember the embargo for Wonder Woman didn't drop until the week of that either. I'd like to see some reviews of this early though.

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

For all I know IT could suck but not because it doesn't have super early reviews like Annabelle 2. Annabelle 2 needed those good early reviews because it was coming off of a lackluster first installment.

That would be a shame. I really don't want this to be like Suicide Squad (where the trailers hyped everyone up and the movie was awful) and everything from the actors, to the score, to the cinematography, to the tone, to the runtume all feels right.

I'm crossing my fingers but I really think they have it and that's why WB isn't showing that much in the trailers.

Edited by somebody85

I'm not too worried about It, I think WB must be confident it'll be a success so they don't need super early reviews to be released yet 

I imagine most reviewers will see it in the last two weeks of August and WB will drop the embargo on the Tuesday after Labor Day or the Wednesday 

3 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

It's beating Logan it it's good

And I hope it does.  I really do.  But horror movies don't have that kind of track record.

• Like 1