Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Was It written before Freddie Kruger or after ?

I see some strong similarities ...

I didn't bother to fact check but I believe this was written in the 70s so before

EDIT: I should fact check more often

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I didn't bother to fact check but I believe this was written in the 70s so before

EDIT: I should fact check more often

not sure when he started to write it, but it was published in 1986

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I want some stupid parents to bring their dumb kids to my screening of IT just because the leads are kids and of the clown, just so I can watch the kids to get traumatized for life and piss their pants!

Fun times.

Enjoy lol (but I don't agree with this besides the older kid). 

I usually don't like watching reaction videos but a lot of the reactions to these trailers has been genuine unless some of these people are great actors (and they seem to know a lot about the story or have a real fear of clowns). So lol, I'm having a blast watching them but I'm the kind of person who goes to events like Halloween Horror Nights to look at the sets and watch others get scared (I think I've said that before). That's part of the fun to me and I can't wait to see this movie in a packed loud theater. These kids aren't as good as some of the adult ones. 

That Pennywise/Bev scene has legit got a lot of people who let their guard down after the Georgie jump scare. This trailer is really growing on me and I'm getting more and more hyped. It's really well done. That build at the end is awesome.

• Like 3

As for the Freddy Krueger comparison, I personally don't see it at all. It might look that way from the trailer but they really have nothing in common when you read the book.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

As for the Freddy Krueger comparison, I personally don't see it at all. It might look that way from the trailer but they really have nothing in common when you read the book.

Maybe the taking form of what the victim fears aspect but that didn't happen until the later ANOES entries.

• Like 1

Yeah, I am also thinking a nice $40M opening but with better legs. I think this will have real sturdy legs but I do not see it legging it out anywhere near the $200M mark. That's a lot of money, this has the social media activity and the nostalgia going for it but I don't think that translates to $200M. 

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I really hope it does well and wakes up WB to make a new Nightmare on Elm Street film. And Paramount to do a new Friday the 13th (god knows Paramount need the money). 

I'm predicting a $40m opening. $100m+ total. 

I think the rights to Friday The 13th goes back to New Line at the end of the year. That is one of the reasons the new one got cancelled. Honestly, after seeing Rings I think it's a good thing, too much meddling with Paramount. Although there are some lawsuit issues right now that may prevent a new movie ever happening.

5 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Yeah, I am also thinking a nice $40M opening but with better legs. I think this will have real sturdy legs but I do not see it legging it out anywhere near the $200M mark. That's a lot of money, this has the social media activity and the nostalgia going for it but I don't think that translates to $200M. 

I could be very wrong but I'm sensing an opening much larger then that for this. The hype is very real. If this ends up getting good reviews, that's all it will take to breakout. 

Nearly 5 million views on Youtube and 12 million on Facebook in less than 24 hours. And that's just the official pages and I don't think everyone's picked up on it just yet.

3 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

I think the rights to Friday The 13th goes back to New Line at the end of the year. That is one of the reasons the new one got cancelled. Honestly, after seeing Rings I think it's a good thing, too much meddling with Paramount. Although there are some lawsuit issues right now that may prevent a new movie ever happening.

Ooh I really hope you're right abou them going back to New Line! That would be great news.

But yeh I remember the trades reporting the legal issues not too long ago. Hopefully they can be resolved. They didn't stop the game being released and marketed. 

There's always connection in Stephen King films or at least the books to other films. I can definitely confirm there is one massive connection between it and another property but it does not take place until the adult story. Every time I read it I giggle.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

There's always connection in Stephen King films or at least the books to other films. I can definitely confirm there is one massive connection between it and another property but it does not take place until the adult story. Every time I read it I giggle.

The thought of a Stephen King cinematic universe would be interesting imo

• Like 3