Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

One thing that stood out to me while seeing Atomic Blonde the other week is how creepy-looking Bill Skarsgard is. There's no way he won't become typecast to nothing but bad guy parts for the rest of his career after this comes out.

You wouldn't think he was the brother of Alexander Skarsgard aka the V 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

He might not be involved in the making but he is certainly on board with the film.  He introduces IT's four minute preview and the preview was awesome.  I'm almost certain Georgie's death is going to be pretty fucking gruesome judging by the way they ended the preview.

I'm officially all in.  This is going to destroy the September OW record.

Maybe they couldn't show it in the preview, but "how R" does the movie appear to be? Like, hard R, or more like a throwaway "Conjuring R rating"? 

And this gruesome death scene, is it more implied or will it be all on screen by the looks of it?

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Maybe they couldn't show it in the preview, but "how R" does the movie appear to be? Like, hard R, or more like a throwaway "Conjuring R rating"? 

And this gruesome death scene, is it more implied or will it be all on screen by the looks of it?

Well the movie's rated R for violence/horror and bloody images so I doubt it's tame. I'm sure the only reason the preview didn't show more was because they wanted to save it for the actual movie. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Considering how much he liked The Dark Tower and how it did, this might not have been all that bad an idea

They literally cut out the part where he said "maybe that's for the best.  I've seen it, it's fabulous."

Oh man the footage in front of Annabelle was amazing. It took me awhile to even get into Annabelle because I just wanted to see this. At the same time I kind of wish they saved that iconic scene for the film but man Pennywise looks so accurate to the source material here. And any of my doubts about Bill Skarsgard not being able to nail the comedy parts of the character were put to rest. This is going to scare a lot of people.

36 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Hmm, not going to lie, Skarsgard looks like he's gonna give an awesome performance.

I just don't get it, is Pennywise supposed to be menacing here, or more like Beetlejuice?

No he's supposed to be inviting and approachable to children....but at the same time very creepy to adults. I think he nailed it.

• Like 3

Saw the 4 minute preview of this before Annabelle.

F me. That was better than the trailers. Forget scary, it felt intense as hell. That, and I could see why this is going to be big, although it's anecdotal evidence: the audience reacted a lot to it, before, during and after. Several "OMG's", whispers of recognition from older members of the audience realizing what it was etc.

It's been awhile since a trailer or preview has gotten that kind of a reaction from an audience I'm in.

• Like 5

One thing I loved about the footage was the score. Before it got dark it had a very Steven Spielberg imaginative feel and I heard it all in a Dolby 5.1 theater so it all sounded really solid...especially Pennywises voice.

I was really happy that there was less loud effects during this scene than the trailers have led on. I expected a huge boom during that one moment but it was a lot more subtle which leads me to believe that this isn't going to be just a jumpscare fest.

Also saw someone who went to a screening earlier (and couldn't talk about it) but posted tons of red emoji balloons afterwards and a gif of balloons flying everywhere from UP (whatever that means). 

I know the footage is already online but I hope this isn't something they release. That really is meant to be seen in theaters but yeah, totally did it's job. I'm so hyped.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DAJK said:

I just don't get it, is Pennywise supposed to be menacing here, or more like Beetlejuice?

If you see this in theaters again, pay attention towards the end. There's a change in tone and a visual that is so unsettling that indicates exactly what Pennywise is. It's right before Georgie says he has to go. 

Jump scares don't get me but that type of imagery is the type of stuff that will stay with you for awhile. Think it's going to be huge over the weekend. As much fun as I had with Annabelle, those 4 minutes still easily stole the show.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

HSTTKbc.png

Yeah I know there was a screening last night. This tweet is ambiguous but I think he's leaning towards their texts being positive.

Very curious on when we'll start to hear reactions now that Annebelle is out. That footage is all over Twitter too.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jking123 said:

As my first post(hi all btw) do we we have any idea when official reactions will roll in?

Welcome to the forums. What exactly do you mean by official reactions. Do you mean when will critics get to review it and post it online? Or do you mean screenings that regular people got to see? We are still a month away from its release so we're going to have to wait a little bit before anything official comes out in terms of reactions.