Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

I'm pretty sure WB doesn't want IT destroying the hype they currently have for Annabelle. Imagine if the reviews started coming in and IT is sitting at 100% on RT that would swallow up all the headlines that could be for Annabelle. So I wouldn't look to much into why we aren't hearing of screenings for IT yet.  

• Like 3

Just now, Mojoguy said:

IT needs to be a HUGE hit, or we will NEVER be getting Stephen King's The Stand as a film trilogy.

Don't let that story live forever as an old miniseries from the 90s.

Even if we get The Stand at this point we're not getting McConaughey's Randall Flagg which is a little disappointing. 

The first trailer had a metric fuck ton of buzz but it's been really muted since, no one talking about it like they were and the second trailer did ehhhh in terms of social engagement. I'm still thinking like 45/115, but would be cool if it does more.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The first trailer had a metric fuck ton of buzz but it's been really muted since, no one talking about it like they were and the second trailer did ehhhh in terms of social engagement. I'm still thinking like 45/115, but would be cool if it does more.

That's where I currently have it pegged which if it weren't for the record breaking trailer would be seen as a huge succes. As much as I would love something like 200 million DOM it's best to keep expectations realistic and in check. 

The reviews for this better be good.

The movie better be good.

I just want this to treat my favourite book of all time with the respect it deserves.  And from the trailers, it looks like they have.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Breh ask her out.

For this? We already are going out.

We'll go when we return to college (a week after it comes out here in Portugal), which is when I get to see her again. It's also when I plan on hitting the knockout blow :qotd:

(Feel like I'm turning into Ethan so let's move on :ph34r:)

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

For this? We already are going out.

We'll go when we return to college (a week after it comes out here in Portugal), which is when I get to see her again. It's also when I plan on hitting the knockout blow :qotd:

(Feel like I'm turning into Ethan so let's move on :ph34r:)

Go in Clown make up.

Edited by Boxofficerules
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

The reviews for this better be good.

The movie better be good.

I just want this to treat my favourite book of all time with the respect it deserves.  And from the trailers, it looks like they have.

Did you read the set visit at AICN? He revealed a third act spoiler that's a lot different from the book. Made me less excited.

Had a nightmare about this last night :( I remember being in the hallway in my basement and having Pennywise stand at the end of it. I then grabbed my keys and tried to get outside to my car but he popped out of the doorway as well, so (for some stupid reason) I climbed onto the roof of my house to get away.

That shit was fuckin terrifying!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chaz said:

Did you read the set visit at AICN? He revealed a third act spoiler that's a lot different from the book. Made me less excited.

I didn't read that.  But I know there are some parts of the book that simply can't be filmed due to budget restraints.  The Mike and Richie thing near the end of the book....if you remember that part...is not going to be there because of budget.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I didn't read that.  But I know there are some parts of the book that simply can't be filmed due to budget restraints.  The Mike and Richie thing near the end of the book....if you remember that part...is not going to be there because of budget.

It's inevitable there are going to changes when you're adapting to a different medium. I do wonder if they'll be a budget increase for part 2 should the first film be a smash and if they cast names for the Losers Club when they're adults.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

No, they added something that never happens in the book. It actually takes a lot away from one of the main characters. 

7 minutes ago, Chaz said:

No, they added something that never happens in the book. It actually takes a lot away from one of the main characters. 

Hmmm, you can you pm it to me please?