Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

It's possible it'll increase but I don't think WB will be disappointed if it only does $40-45m OW 

I think studios want the best possible opening always because legs are not easy to come by. With higher ticket prices and good reviews, around Gravity and The  Martian opening weekend numbers should be happening.

44 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

40 million plus is certainly twice what I expected this to open with. Will this be another unexpected smash for WB?

I can totally see it opening to 60-70 million.

If it gets reactions anywhere similar to Villeneuves last 2 films, anything is possible 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

Is there any reason not to expect that? Based on Villeneuves track record.

The weight of expectations are considerably higher than any of Villenueve's previous films. It will be impossible for reviewers to not draw comparisons to the original and how the film follows it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

2 weeks before release would be perfect for social media embargo to release.

seems it will be restricted to WB/US peeps only because Sony aren't showing this to anyone outside the States ahead of release, maybe just until release week. All the press junkets Sony are putting on only showing 30 mins of footage, like the SW/R1 junkets

6 minutes ago, antovolk said:

seems it will be restricted to WB/US peeps only because Sony aren't showing this to anyone outside the States ahead of release, maybe just until release week. All the press junkets Sony are putting on only showing 30 mins of footage, like the SW/R1 junkets

Is there going to be a European premiere? I assume with the BFI Film Festival, it'll be a week earlier. I know Gosling and Ford are the Graham Norton Show on the 28th September.