Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Great finale but its so predictable how its gonna end.  Once Cercei becomes dragon food, whats left of of mankind is gonna rally behind Mother of Bewbs once Ice Sauron brings down the wall.

Hmm, maybe not that predictable. Cersei will hold King's Landing hostage but she may not die by dragon necessarily. After her death, it is pretty open ended. There have been hints in the show and books (but more explicit on the show) insinuating that Dany and humans =/= super good and White Walkers =/= pure evil. This has never been as simplistic as Tolkien. I'm sure the climax and fallout will be far more complex and affecting than plain good vs. bad.

• Like 2

On 27/6/2016 at 8:20 AM, GiantCALBears said:

It was good but some of the moments felt forced, like they were killing characters and plots left and right just so they can simplify as we get closer to the end. Not a fan of any of the Lannister plot but Tommen committing suicide, that crazy witch was right. It's obvious Cersai won't survive through the end so what's the point really?

I think they were slowly building her up as the "true" human villain of the series similar to how they build up Jon and Danny as the heroes. She was always one of the bad guys and the audience hated her but she was never the top dog until now. Goeffry and Ramsay were the cackling love-to-hate villains and Tywin was the remote all-powerful villain that you may admire for his smarts but he was never a three dimensional character, just an imposing figure (closer to the Night King than any other character on the show). Cersei was a real character from the start and the show gave the audience many reasons as to why she is the way she is, what drives her etc. You hated her but you kind of understanded where she comes from. And especially the last two seasons with the Sparrow storyline they tried (and suceeded) to make us root for her somewhat. I think the "Slay Queen!" reactions after the finale were completely intentional on the writers part. They wanted the audience to care for and understand the endgame human villain as much as the heroes. I'm sure she is gonna die eventually, she won't kill John or Danny but I bet she takes an important character's scalp on her way out, her status on the show as a character demands it. I just hope it isn't Tyrion's. Overall I was really impressed with how they concluded her character arc with her ice cold, removed of anything that made her human, finally a true supervillain with nothing to lose. 

Also

tumblr_o9ik98GRLU1vtyy12o1_1280.jpg

• Like 14

I really love Headey as Cersei and find her a massive improvement over the book. It's become evident that Tyrion is only interesting when he's playing off other interesting people. Conversely Cersei's been isolated most of the last two seasons and managed to become more and more engrossing. The woman who only cared about her children, looks and power had all of that stripped from her yet kept going. The woman who became hysterical when her first two children died effectively whacked off the last. When Myrcella died Cersei started to panic about the prophecy. Just now another aspect of it has been proven true and we saw nothing. She's completely resigned to her fate and knows she's doomed, but they're going to have to scrape her charred remains off the throne.

MVP. Hope she whacks off some more big players on her way out.

l41YedIbenuBH6ljO.gif

• Like 10

What a fucking random suicide scene for Tommen. I guess I would kill myself too if Natalie Dormer was not there to fuck me anymore. 

But what matters is that Cersei is back as the one true villain of the show. Full dark side and all that, she is ready to burn Westeros to the ground. She always was that for me. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Hmm, maybe not that predictable. Cersei will hold King's Landing hostage but she may not die by dragon necessarily. After her death, it is pretty open ended. There have been hints in the show and books (but more explicit on the show) insinuating that Dany and humans =/= super good and White Walkers =/= pure evil. This has never been as simplistic as Tolkien. I'm sure the climax and fallout will be far more complex and affecting than plain good vs. bad.

I haven't seen anything in the show that suggests the White Walkers aren't pure evil.  Yes, they were originally created by little tree people to protect their forests(which was a kinda lame revelation to be honest), but that doesn't mean they're in any way good.  

30 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I haven't seen anything in the show that suggests the White Walkers aren't pure evil.  Yes, they were originally created by little tree people to protect their forests(which was a kinda lame revelation to be honest), but that doesn't mean they're in any way good.  

I'm going to be disappointed if the ending is just Forces of Good vs. Forces of Evil, that's one of the biggest fantasy tropes and one that Game of Thrones has been an anti-thesis of since the beginning.  I'd hate to see it end as a good vs. evil story.

• Like 2

On June 29, 2016 at 10:08 PM, Ozymandias said:

Great finale but its so predictable how its gonna end.  Once Cercei becomes dragon food, whats left of of mankind is gonna rally behind Mother of Bewbs once Ice Sauron brings down the wall.

Unless, Jorah Mormont shows up, spreading his plague to all of Dany's army.

Honestly, I think Dany's going to die at some point.  It feels like it's a massive set up for her to fail.

Okay I have to say, Cersei blowing the church up, that was   f r e a k i n   a m a z i n g 

Perfect scene.

How can I enjoy watching a villain wrecking so much havoc, and being so ruthless? I think she's my favorite character on this show. How is this even possible?

This season had its highs and lows, but were the highs fucking soaring? YUP :ohmyzod:

My favorite episode is still Hardhome though. Nothing tops that so far for me. That's when Game of Thrones truly set itself apart. Shame the director is not returning so far.

Finished Season 6 in one day. Wow. One of the best. Battle of the bastards has topped hardhome for me. So many good episodes this season though. Pity everyone is dying, you can tell its going to end soon i.e. in 2 years time.

• Like 1

Rewatching the last episode and noticed that Djawadi scored Cersei walking towards the throne much like he scored her atonement, this time with trembling strings instead of the weird muted foghorn-esque sound. Really quite clever. He really stepped up this episode, fair play.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 3

On 05/07/2016 at 0:50 AM, The Pandaren said:

Unless, Jorah Mormont shows up, spreading his plague to all of Dany's army.

Honestly, I think Dany's going to die at some point.  It feels like it's a massive set up for her to fail.

A friend once told me that GoT is good at making massive set up for avorted farts. Everyone we cheer for always fail in epic proportions.

So yeah, if the rest of the show continue to follow up Martin's plan, there is a good chance that at least one of the two main heroes (Jon and Dany) will die miserably in an failed attempt at invading.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RascarCapat said:

A friend once told me that GoT is good at making massive set up for avorted farts. Everyone we cheer for always fail in epic proportions.

So yeah, if the rest of the show continue to follow up Martin's plan, there is a good chance that at least one of the two main heroes (Jon and Dany) will die miserably in an failed attempt at invading.

It'd be an interesting plot turn if Dany dies during the invasion, leaving all of her massive army and dragons headless and the Seven Kingdoms in chaos.  That'll likely be Cersei's plan, kill Dany and you don't have to defeat the army.

I'm not positive that'll happen though, I'm just fairly positive this series is not going to play out how all of the speculation articles are claiming

1.Dany and Jon get married

2.Dany takes the iron throne

3.Westeros unites against the walkers

4.Arya gets all of her sweet revenge

5.A few other deaths for some tragedy

6.Happily ever after for the rest

If those general events are the outline going forward, I'll be disappointed, as I've come to expect more out of the series.  I'm not saying it needs to end completely doom and gloom, but I'd hate for the show to just give into the cliches at the very end, when it's done so well not to this far.

• Like 2