Shawn Robbins

The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS ALLOWED - Discussion Thread)

I've seen it three times now, and I'm still uncertain about Blake's relationship with Bruce. It says in the movie that his will was never amended since Wayne Enterprises fell into financial ruin, so that would be before he met Blake in the movie, but Blake was still included in his will. Is Blake Bruce's nephew, or godson, or something?

I don't think it was specifically stated that Blake was in the will. Bruce set it up so that his home and all the surrounding grounds would not be touched in any way and used only as a home for orphaned children. He knew that Blake liked to visit and cared for the kids. He gave him the coordinates to find the bat cave because he knew that Blake would most likely use it as he had done.Of coarse, I've only seen it once, so I might be forgetting that his name was mentioned in the will.

I don't think it was specifically stated that Blake was in the will. Bruce set it up so that his home and all the surrounding grounds would not be touched in any way and used only as a home for orphaned children. He knew that Blake liked to visit and cared for the kids. He gave him the coordinates to find the bat cave because he knew that Blake would most likely use it as he had done.Of coarse, I've only seen it once, so I might be forgetting that his name was mentioned in the will.

It was the same room that the will was being dealt with so I'd assume that he was included in the will, as after Blake leaves with the bag they talk about the missing necklace, and how they couldn't just put down something as missing on the estate.

Going by the events of TDKR I wonder how advanced the Nolan's were on the script for the third film before Ledger died. It's possible the Joker would have made an appearance.

My brother asked me a question after the movie and I honestly don't know the answer. Maybe someone here knows the answer. When Marion stabs Bale the knife goes right through his Batsuit and wounds him. Isn't the Batsuit supposed to be hard enough that a knife can't penetrate it?

I was SO touched by Michael Caine's performance in front of the Waynes' graves. The ending was a big relief for me even though I had accepted Bruce's death was a good way to end the story.

I felt it was only a good to very good movie as I was watching it. But the ending elevated it to a great movie. That was just brilliant writing and acting.

My brother asked me a question after the movie and I honestly don't know the answer. Maybe someone here knows the answer. When Marion stabs Bale the knife goes right through his Batsuit and wounds him. Isn't the Batsuit supposed to be hard enough that a knife can't penetrate it?

There are weak spots in the armor. This is explained in TDK when Bruce asks Lucius to make him a new suit.

There are weak spots in the armor. This is explained in TDK when Bruce asks Lucius to make him a new suit.

Yeah, Bruce asks Fox for a lighter more flexible suit.Lucius Fox:"there is a trade off, seperation of the plates makes you more vulnerable to knives and gunfire"It's the details like this across the whole trilogy that really elevate it.
  • Like 1

Posted Image

Anyone think DC and WB might go the Bourne Legacy route and instead of rebooting Batman, keep Gotham as established and start his story?

How many bad things can happen to one city?

Thanks. I forgot that scene from TDK. I saw TDK twice in the movie theater when it came out and I don't think I have seen it since.

Going in to the film I was certain that JGL was going to end up as more than just a police officer and I was right. Where I was wrong was that I theorized that he would actually be Terry McGinnis (of the Batman Beyond TV series) instead of being Robin Blake (a few people laughed when they heard his name, a few groaned).The ending to the film was great (as in the epilogue bit, the climax had its issues) though I imagine WB would have a much easier time figuring out what to do if Nolan had chose the Batman Beyond route instead of the reference to Robin.

I've seen it three times now, and I'm still uncertain about Blake's relationship with Bruce. It says in the movie that his will was never amended since Wayne Enterprises fell into financial ruin, so that would be before he met Blake in the movie, but Blake was still included in his will. Is Blake Bruce's nephew, or godson, or something?

Bruce met Blake when he went to the house. Since Blake wanted the Batman to come back. Bruce might figured he give he the keys to the Bat cave. Bruce might quickly add that in at some point and not caring about the finanical aspects since he wanted make sure someone was their to protect the city.

How many bad things can happen to one city?

There are a lot of bad guys they havent touched on, like Knowles pointed out: Clayface and Manbat. Thought i may have jumped the gun on Robin. He may be Nightwing. Anyways, i just hope WB doesn't go full reboot.

-How did Bane know where Wayne Enterprises' R&D department was located?-How did Batman make it back onto the island?

First question is easy. Talia is pulling the strings and told Bane where it was.For number two, my guess is that he figured a way. Bruce was determined to stop Bane no matter what. Anyway, those three special forces guys they hanged managed to sneak-in. So, it wasn't impossible to find a way into Gotham.

First question is easy. Talia is pulling the strings and told Bane where it was.For number two, my guess is that he figured a way. Bruce was determined to stop Bane no matter what. Anyway, those three special forces guys they hanged managed to sneak-in. So, it wasn't impossible to find a way into Gotham.

Would have liked to seen it explained - like BW poses as an aide worker.And I thought R&D was "off the books"...