antovolk

John Wick: Chapter 2 | February 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 8

The John Wick franchise is becoming similar to the Indonesian The Raid franchise to me where the first film is stylistic and over the top with a simplistic story and great execution. It sets up its own rules, plays by its rules, and delivers amazingly choreographed action sequences WHEREAS IT’S SEQUEL dives more into this world all this violent madness takes place in. It gives the lead a bit more depth and character while cranking up its action level to eleven with numerous of innovative and imaginative set pieces at the foreground of where these action sequences take place.

http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies/john-wick-chapter-two-review

14 minutes ago, grim22 said:

We will know for sure soon enough

Oh fuck that shit. And on the exact day we were talking about this? Keanu, you should know better.

Doesn't change the fact that Megaton's non-Neeson films are just as sloppily edited, though.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Yeah, that's what is happening with us.  Lego and 50SD are getting the best placements with John Wick lagging behind both of those and since it's not my call and my GM is set in his ways, it's not going to get much better for it.  It doesn't help that we're still down 11 screens for the remodel and we only have one print of each :(

Our "sister" theatre isn't playing wick at all. Instead they were sent 50 Shades, Lego, and Manchester. As it stands, we will be the only theatre playing JW in over a 100 mile radius.

• Like 1

Certified fresh.

TOMATOMETER

• Like 6

It sold out in my showing. Definitely gonna overperform if my area is any indication, but it is in smaller theaters.

Anyway, this was very good. The action, setpieces, cinematography, lore, acting.....all above the first. But in a way, that almost hurts it. This is a more ambitious, densely plotted movie that explores the lore in a deeper way and gives a different cast of characters with different perspectives on Wick. I admire it for that. But in doing that, it loses the inherent silliness that made John Wick 1 such ridiculous fun. John Wick was a movie about a guy who was sad over his dog dying and he decided to kill over 100 people because of it. There's no scene like "I'm THINKING I'M BACK" or when the big mob boss gets the call and shits his pants. John Wick was a far simpler movie, and it leaned more into it's B-movieness because of it. This retains alot of what made John Wick great but actually feels very, very different in structure and tone (though it's even better in terms of world-building or style). It was great and I want to see it again because it's just a great movie. But John Wick 1 had me double over whooping and cheering because it was so fun. This was better. John Wick was more fun.

• Like 2

This movie kicked serious ass. It's better than its predecessor. I want to see it again. Summit Entertainment has a franchise on its hands.

If you haven't already done so, go see it! It completely makes up for the shit fest I watched last week (Rings).

• Like 2

On 10/02/2017 at 8:05 AM, Jay Hollywood said:

Its there fault, the article they linked people too talks about how John Wick 1 did bad in AUS so thats why JW2 is having a hard time coming. blah blah bullshit. 

It's ridiculous. 

John Wick Biggest Markets 

Domestic

Germany

France

Australia

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

This movie fucking killed but I got one question, did 

Reveal hidden contents

And that ending... Chapter 3 is gonna be off the chain.

Spoiler

Considering he told Common to leave the knife in while he pulled the knife out of Ruby, I assume she died.

• Like 1