kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Very few things Spidey-verse does would translate well  or would be possible to do in a live action setting. 

Remember when Ang-Lee tried to make a live action superhero film to look like a comic- strip ?

TBF I think that was a shortcoming of the limitations of tech at the time + it was Hulk, not the concept itself.

At this point everyone has disembarked the Whedon train as they should. but he was right in that Hulk is less a superhero story than a horror/werewolf tale. I have to wonder how it would work for a more traditional superhero (so Scott Pilgrim doesn't count either).

25 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Didn't Zach Snyder succeed in making 300 look like a comic strip? :thinking:

Yes and a bit like a painted feel often, Sin city also, but in both case not sure how much of the action was actually live.

Edited by Barnack

It's a lock to make over 100mil. Holidays are why studios like this time of year. This was never doing live action Superhero money worldwide. I don't get why so many thought it would? The critical reception could not change the fact that people see Live action adaptions of famous Superheroes as more cinematic than animated adaptions. People can whine about it until they're blue in the face but it's a fact. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 12/23/2018 at 12:17 AM, Spidey Freak said:

TBF I think that was a shortcoming of the limitations of tech at the time + it was Hulk, not the concept itself.

At this point everyone has disembarked the Whedon train as they should. but he was right in that Hulk is less a superhero story than a horror/werewolf tale. I have to wonder how it would work for a more traditional superhero (so Scott Pilgrim doesn't count either).

I’m only partway through SPIDER-VERSE but one of my first thoughts was how it was a successful realization of what Ang Lee tried to do (and then scaled back from).

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1