kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

As a JW fan who wants this to cross 500 dom feel forced admit that the marketing is a bit unfocused. 'Saving dinos from the volcano' and 'yet another scary antagonist dino' seem like in competition with each other as the two hooks of the movie and don't seem to merge coherently at least in the trailers.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, a2knet said:

As a JW fan who wants this to cross 500 dom feel forced admit that the marketing is a bit unfocused. 'Saving dinos from the volcano' and 'yet another scary antagonist dino' seem like in competition with each other as the two hooks of the movie and don't seem to merge coherently at least in the trailers.

That is the biggest problem the film has:it does not  have a hook people have been waiting for like JW did. Everybody wanted to see a Jurassiac Park up and in full operation.

I think that JW was the first sequel to JP I really liked,but I can't get myself  interested in Fallen Kingdom. Nothing I have seen in the trailers has convinced me to spend 12 dollars and Two and a Half Hours of my time on this when there are things I would probably enjoy more.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

Yeah that second trailer was confusing.  I thought the movie was going to be a survival, exploding volcano movie with dinosaurs (sounds like it be a blast).

This next trailer advertises “Evil military kidnaps Dino and mutates it into big evil Dino”.

The movie will likely try to be both and suffer because of it.

35 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Yeah that second trailer was confusing.  I thought the movie was going to be a survival, exploding volcano movie with dinosaurs (sounds like it be a blast).

This next trailer advertises “Evil military kidnaps Dino and mutates it into big evil Dino”.

The movie will likely try to be both and suffer because of it.

They saidthe volcano stuff was the first half of the film

Edited by John Marston

The movie can be both. So many complained that the movie is just about dinosaurs running from a volcano that the filmmaker's decided to advertise the second half, which apparently was meant to be a surprise.

The first World took big inspiration from Jurassic Park,, the second is very much like The Lost World in some respects.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It is 126 I think

One hour for dumb disaster movie, one hour for dumb humans are bad movie. Sounds fair.

It will be fun, that much I take for granted. We just have to see whether it's going to be a dumber kind of fun than the first movie.

• Like 3

Is the change in focus actually a surprise, given this

Screenshot-from-Jurassic-World-Fallen-Ki

was in the freaking Super Bowl ad?

I kinda thought dinos running amok on the mainland was a given and I'm barely paying attention to the marketing. 

Now I admit I'm not paying much attention to this movie, so maybe I missed what people presumed the above was supposed to be.  But I certainly presumed we'd have some sort of similarity to Lost World.

• Like 1

After seeing the latest trailer, I think OW will beat the first JW. But total can be lower.

This trailer reveals more thrilling events in the film, especially the mosasaur thing.

It has a shot at beating TFA also.

JP2 OW is about 50% higher than JP1.

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Jack said:

After seeing the latest trailer, I think OW will beat the first JW. But total can be lower.

This trailer reveals more thrilling events in the film, especially the mosasaur thing.

It has a shot at beating TFA also.

JP2 OW is about 50% higher than JP1.

Umm...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Hi-quality rip will kill it just like it killed CA:CW's box office. :ph34r:

*thinks*

You know, this WAS a joke mocking the freakout this board had over Captain America: Civil War's box office run.

But got drat, there's a high likelihood of this talking point being trotted out if JW:FK underperforms, isn't there? 

Joy.  Sooooo looking forward to it. <_<

• Disbelief 1

8 hours ago, brunofernando said:

What do you guys think about the gap between the releases dates on this movie?

It makes sense. The european and many asian markets will be completely dead once the World Cup arrives, so releasing the movie earlier there is only logical.