kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

8 of the current top 10 opening weekends are all Marvel or Star Wars movies. The others are JURASSIC WORLD and BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (2017).

1. Avengers: Infinity War 

$257,698,183

2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens 

$247,966,675

3. Star Wars: The Last Jedi 

$220,009,584

4. Jurassic World 

$208,806,270

5. Marvel's The Avengers 

$207,438,708

6. Black Panther 

$202,003,951

7. Avengers: Age of Ultron 

$191,271,109

8. Captain America: Civil War 

$179,139,142

9. Beauty and the Beast (2017)

$174,750,616

10. Iron Man 3

$174,144,585

It would be cool if FALLEN KINGDOM secured a top 10 opening weekend to give that list a little more variety.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, excel1 said:

Boxoffice.com is only predicting $135m for it's opening weekend?? Seems very low. Millennials with kids will flock to this.

Millennials with kids will flock to The Incredibles which opens the previous weekend

17 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Just because it doesn’t have  the same online intense fanboy craziness that movies like Star Sars, Deadpool, or Incredibles does doesn’t mean there is “no hype”

Is there really hype for this, just curious ? I am sure it will do fine at the bo but its theme seems so restrictive that every sequel seems doomed to perform far worse than the previous film of the franchise. I could be wrong though....

Universal Studios Hollywood (the theme park) are closing Jurassic Park the Ride and replacing it with a Jurassic World ride which isn't surprising but clearly Universal thinks the franchise can run past the planned third film. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Jurassic park 2 dropped huge compared to the first, don’t see why this will be a different case.

Still opened bigger.

And if TLW were a better movie it would have gotten much closer to the first.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PDC1987 said:

Still opened bigger.

And if TLW were a better movie it would have gotten much closer to the first.

The gap between JP1 and JP2 in reception is pretty historic imo, partly thanks to JP1's all-time greatness. Matching it would have been nearly impossible but on top of that JP2 failed in ways which have nothing to do with comps with JP1. AOU's mixed reception in modern times compared to TA's universal appreciation comes to mind but that's nothing compared to JP1 and JP2 scenario. TLJ and TFA again similar to TA-AOU.

Jaws1 and Jaws2 is another huge contrast but they didn't retain the big director unlike JP1 and 2.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Off topic but I don’t think Incredibles will be as big as Finding Dory. 

Its not as well remembered.

But then Fallen Kingdom does not have the enormous hook that JW did ( a Jurssiac Park in full operation..something people have wanted to see every since the first JP Movie) so it evens out.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, DMan7 said:

I think this movie's OW will prove that the last one massive success was mostly due to Dinosaur starvation among the GA since there weren't a movie like that in over a decade or more. 

I think it's more that JW had such a massive hook with an JP in full operation.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I honestly have no idea how this is going to go. It could do $350M to $450M and I wouldn't be shocked at either of those numbers. 

Same here! The marketing is just awful but it’s comimg off the massive JW. No idea where this will go 

2 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

The hook of this Jurassic is what happens when you take ALL the dinosaurs off the island and bring them to humanity.

So,  JW3 will be about a divorced Pratt and Bryce's son lost on a Dino filled island after her boyfriend gets eaten?

1 hour ago, Moviefanatic said:

Same here! The marketing is just awful but it’s comimg off the massive JW. No idea where this will go 

I think the marketing is going to kick into gear next month. They are probably waiting to release their best stuff after DP2 and Solo.

Jurassic World 3 will be about T-Rexanos, a DNA-modified, man-engineered T-Rex who seeks out the 6 Infinity Embers scattered around the Earth.

Inside each ember, there is a DNA sample of one of the most vicious and powerful dinosaur that ever walked the Earth.

Once T-Rexanos assembles the 6 Infinity Embers, he will be able to break the embers with his powerful jaws and teeths and bring back to life those mighty dinausors , thus restoring dinosaurs as the primary predator of Planet Earth.

Meanwhile, in Space, a young hero named Mr Lord meets the director of Solo : A Star Wars movie, they are ready and willing to defeat T-Rexanos, at all costs (daughters included).

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1