K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Dragons and NBA will kill dreams.

Yup, some are underestimating the decline evenings shows will have tomorrow (plus usual decline with everyone having work on Mon) and I think -25% or so for Sun.

Edited by FTF

Karma for Whedon calling Jurassic World sexist

He's seething.

And this is exactly why celebs need to develop some tact and class and start censoring themselves on social media, this is now immortalized. He publicly trashed JW before it even had any preview screenings and then it crushed his baby.

• Like 1

Ok, everybody knows I'm not a fan of Marvel, but what's up with the JP succes making people say Marvel is not THAT profitable? It is MUCH more profitable than JP will ever be, it's really that simple. I seriously don't get it. And SH movie becoming underdogs? LOL, what? As much as I hate to say it (and I really do hate to say it!) the SH franchises control todays market. The fact that one other franchise managed to beat one of them on OW in the US is just a small part in the grand scheme of things.

I may be a fan of Marvel but THIS.

So I actually feel kind of bad being german these days. While this is breaking the OW record in the US, it'll just barely make it to the top 100 all time openings (admission) over here, coming in behind even JP 3. No kidding, true story.

What is wrong with us? I don't get it.

It's just what happens. Many Marvelites went on the most annoying rants about Marvel's success and other studios' failures when they were on top. It's deserved in many ways. So the cycle goes

Oh, trust me, I KNOW. I was at the other end multiple times. But it's still stupid. One thing being big doesnt make another being smaller. 

It's just what happens. Many Marvelites went on the most annoying rants about Marvel's success and other studios' failures when they were on top. It's deserved in many ways. So the cycle goes

We always fly too close to the Sun.

I know that feel. But I'm confident we will rise again.

So I actually feel kind of bad being german these days. While this is breaking the OW record in the US, it'll just barely make it to the top 100 all time openings (admission) over here, coming in behind even JP 3. No kidding, true story.

What is wrong with us? I don't get it.

Once you understand that the US is the best country in the world at being nostalgic for shit that's barely old enough to be nostalgic about, then you'll get it.

We always fly too close to the Sun.

I know that feel. But I'm confident we will rise again.

Green name

shouldn't you have a Pink name?

• Like 2

At this point weekend estimates range from 206m to 222m. But that's assuming a sat range of 70m to 74m and Sunday drop between 20% and 10%.
Oh and if estimates do push above 74m, then 230m ow becomes a chance.

Yup, some are underestimating the decline evenings shows will have tomorrow (plus usual decline with everyone having work on Mon) and I think -25% or so for Sun.

So you think JW comes in, making out of this world, never been there numbers and multipliers on friday and saturday, just to drop worse than Karate Kid or the A-Team on sunday?

He's seething.

And this is exactly why celebs need to develop some tact and class and start censoring themselves on social media, this is now immortalized. He publicly trashed JW before it even had any preview screenings and then it crushed his baby.

Don't you mean it ate/devoured his baby :P

Funny thing is, I liked Age of Ultron, but loved Jurassic World a hell of a lot more for one big reason. 

JURASSIC WORLD DIDN'T SPOIL THE WHOLE GODDAMN MOVIE IN CLIPS, TV SPOTS AND TRAILERS LIKE AGE OF ULTRON DID!!!

• Like 4