kayumanggi

MARY POPPINS RETURNS | Disney | 12.19.18 | Rob Marshall directing | Emily Blunt, Lin Manuel Miranda

28 minutes ago, StevenG said:

I feel this will be a repeat of the Beauty and the Beast remake: nostalgia-driven uber-smash (just with a much better actress in the lead role this time). The only question mark for me is...can Blunt actually sing? Watson as Belle was an atrocious vocal...thing, so I hope this time we get a much better singing performance (not that anyone can top the inimitable Julie Andrews anyway).

She’s a great singer.  Watch Into The Woods!

Edited by Julian1410
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, StevenG said:

I feel this will be a repeat of the Beauty and the Beast remake: nostalgia-driven uber-smash (just with a much better actress in the lead role this time). The only question mark for me is...can Blunt actually sing? Watson as Belle was an atrocious vocal...thing, so I hope this time we get a much better singing performance (not that anyone can top the inimitable Julie Andrews anyway).

Seconding "Watch Into the Woods,"

Also;

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Her voice isn't bad in that but I maintain it's not the best song in that movie contrary to what popular opinion seems to be among the fans.

People just love villain songs. Personally, my favorite is "One Small Thing".

Her voice at the end almost sounds like a dub of Julie Andrews.  It's eerie. No lie, I got chills.  I'm pumped.  Lin looks AWESOME, and the teaser is just enough of wonder without giving anything away.

• Like 2

ok teaser but it really was just that as people have said.  Just touching on or rehashing scenes to let you know this is a Marry Poppins movie.  So for that, I will give them their due.  But I can't really tell anything about the movie just yet