Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

People in here defending Coppola calling movies despicable when he's supported a child rapist. But we draw the line at defending Bob Iger (which I was hardly doing). Oh no... that is too much!

Fandom never ceases to amaze. 

Ooph, CBM fan all angry because somebody dares to criticize CBM films.

Fandom indeed never ceases to amaze.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Zack Snyder is a wonderful guy, one of the nicest in the entire industry. Some people in the nerd community feel jealous he's the one who got to make nerd dream projects like Watchmen, Batman v Superman and Justice League. Because they didn't like him or didn't think he deserved it, these people developed a completely unjustified and insane hate for him. It's something that should be seriously considered for study because it's not normal human behavior.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah being a fan of The Fountainhead makes him a big prick.

i can see why any director or creative type would flip for fountainhead. it's a (dumb) story about purity of artistic vision in it's way

Edited by CoolioD1

5 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

No more of a dumbass than either Coppola or Scorsese

Even if you think their work is far superior, Black Panther is no less an example of cinema. Indeed, it's one of the best examples of why Coppola and Scorsese are dead wrong about comic book movies. 

Really not sure is opinion is that general of all the comic book movies

https://www.cbr.com/francis-ford-coppola-spider-man-into-the-spider-verse/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/black-panther-early-cut-was-screened-francis-ford-coppola-1108741

Scorsese was involved in the making of the Joker, I imagine it is way more about those that start from a studio command to fit into a already set machine and feel like it.

17 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i can see why any director or creative type would flip for fountainhead. it's a (dumb) story about purity of artistic vision in it's way

I was referring more so to the fact Ayn Rand is a horrible person and that Zack being the horrible person he is likes her too.

2 hours ago, TMP said:

I did it, I found the worst take

I see that you are keeping the conversation on this going and that you are constantly trying to discredit anyone criticizing the old directors comments. 

I just want to point out that despite all the efforts, I fail to see how Mobiebob and others making similar arguments are wrong. But you do you.

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I was referring more so to the fact Ayn Rand is a horrible person and that Zack being the horrible person he is likes her too.

horrible person is a bit overreactive. he's said some weird stuff in interviews but i've not seen any real evidence that he's actually a piece of shit like you're saying. seems like a pretty regular guy.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The freak out that haters have about Joker's success sustains me.

Oh, the tears are delicious aren't they? People wanted SOOOO badly for Joker to be their platform to show everyone how great and righteous they are. I love how it completely backfired on them and instead they look like idiots.

No guys, you're not the next big social justice icons. You're just a couple more millennial buffoons.

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

I see that you are keeping the conversation on this going and that you are constantly trying to discredit anyone criticizing the old directors comments. 

I just want to point out that despite all the efforts, I fail to see how Mobiebob and others making similar arguments are wrong. But you do you.

Insinuating that Scorsese, who has done more for African American cinema through restoration projects such as the African Film Heritage Project, or Loach - whose films have had UK politicians reflect on their content in regards to legislative action - will be on the wrong side of history for dunking on funnybook movies just because Disney is finally making them starring someone other than straight white men is an idiotic, bone-headed take. I don't know how you can possibly defend that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Insinuating that Scorsese, who has done more for African American cinema through restoration projects such as the African Film Heritage Project, or Loach - whose films have had UK politicians reflect on their content in regards to legislative action - will be on the wrong side of history for dunking on funnybook movies just because Disney is finally making them starring someone other than straight white men is an idiotic, bone-headed take. I don't know how you can possibly defend that.

It's crazy how some folks, usually SJW's, are always begging for a fight. Like, Scorsese's, Coppola's etc. criticisms had ZILCH to do with progressiveness. I'm certainly not in agreement with them, but I see what they're saying and it's all about perceived artistic merit.

Yet, folks will continue to play the persecution card.