Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

18 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The freak out that haters have about Joker's success sustains me.

There are people freaking out about Joker? Weird all I see is people applauding the success. It's gonna net more Captain Marvel. Ridiculous success.

31 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

There are people freaking out about Joker? Weird all I see is people applauding the success. It's gonna net more Captain Marvel. Ridiculous success.

You haven't been on Twitter for the past few months. The media, especially the nerd media, were waiting with baited breath for Joker's failure at the box office. Now they don't know what to do except be snarky towards the people who like the movie or pretend that they didn't want another theater mascare to happen to prove some asinine point.

• Thanks 3

The mass hysteria over the Joker has to be one of the most bizarre things this decade

I bet WB told Todd Phillips to add more fuel to the fire with his "far left" comment. That really got blue check marks on twitter in a frenzy

Edited by DlAMONDZ
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TMP said:

I did it, I found the worst take

I don’t want to dislike MovieBob, since I assume he means well, but the guy often just comes across as the kind of person who gives BreadTubers a bad name. He just always seems to resort to strawmen, and his claim about DC movies appealing to the alt-right crowd while Marvel movies appeal to left wingers always came across as a condescending generalization.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

You haven't been on Twitter for the past few months. The media, especially the nerd media, were waiting with baited breath for Joker's failure at the box office. Now they don't know what to do except be snarky towards the people who like the movie or pretend that they didn't want another theater mascare to happen to prove some asinine point.

Yeah I really haven't. I figured they slithered back into their hole. They were so drastically wrong I'm sure it's quite enjoyable.

21 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Zack Snyder is a wonderful guy, one of the nicest in the entire industry. Some people in the nerd community feel jealous he's the one who got to make nerd dream projects like Watchmen, Batman v Superman and Justice League. Because they didn't like him or didn't think he deserved it, these people developed a completely unjustified and insane hate for him. It's something that should be seriously considered for study because it's not normal human behavior.

Snyder might be the nicest guy in the world, but he could still be a crappy director.

I love the way you dismiss anybody who dares criticize The Great God Zack as crazy.

And I think the way  you blindly worship Snyder and think he is beyond criticism to be something worthy of study by a psychologist....+

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I really need to see that movie I keep hearing about with the Gladiator villain actor, he plays a part jack Nicholson made famous in that old Batman movie ...

Uh, Caesar Romero say hi;he made the Joker famous about 25 years before Uncle Jack got to  play him.

Edited by dudalb

The tentpole films, the big comic book films, they’re theme park movies — as well done as many of them are, at all levels. It’s a different cinema form or a new art form entirely. We’re hoping there are theaters that show the films that are not that. And that if they’re not going to show it that filmmakers still have an opportunity with streaming — it changes the experience, but otherwise, in two to three years now, it’s not being done. A good filmmaker comes in from Italy or France comes in, the film has to be a [franchise] or they won’t do it anymore.

lmfao you can't make this shit up :rofl:

maybe try make some good movies and people will actually go see them in theaters? instead of crying about your films getting stuck on streaming services with no funding and blaming the audiences for not appreciating "true art".

• Knock It Off 4

5 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

maybe try make some good movies

Yeah Martin Scorsese, do try to make some good movies like Suicide Squad so people will go see them, not shit like GoodFellas and Raging Bull.

7 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

with no funding 

The latter film might be the company’s riskiest bet. “The Irishman,” a historical drama likely to appeal only to adults interested in serious subject matter, costs as much as some all-ages action-adventure movies because of cutting-edge visual effects that allow stars including Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci to appear at different ages. People close to the picture said Netflix’s total commitment is at least $173 million, while others close to the film offered estimates above $200 million, making “The Irishman” the most expensive adult drama in recent history.

I am not sure if you are making a parody of someone that have no clue at all ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Yeah Martin Scorsese, do try to make some good movies like Suicide Squad so people will go see them, not shit like GoodFellas and Raging Bull.

yes making good movies is probably better than being salty at other people's success and those examples are decades old which made under 100M combined. 

he's literally saying "I hope people will still watch my movies". if your movies are good they'll find an audience you don't need to beg them.

I've seen 2 Scorsese films (one was decent with other being great even if it comes off as misogynistic) so he's a decent filmmaker but I'll probably never see a Scorsese film ever again after his petty comments against my favorite franchise. 

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

yes making good movies is probably better than being salty at other people's success and those examples are decades old which made under 100M combined. 

Being my point, terrible movie can make $700M really good one under $50M, making a good movies isn't enough for it to find an audience it is only one of the many step that need to go right without any pre-made awareness / part of a popular genre.

Wolf had a 100M budget and made nearly $400M, he just made a 170-200M movie on Netflix, is next movie planned is with DiCaprio and should again be with a really nice budget with a real good theatrical release, he is near death/retirement that is not necessarily about him has much as you think, we are talking about someone that spend a lot of is own money on movies (making them, film conservation and restoration) that has a really big passion for the group theatrical experience.

46 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

he's a decent filmmaker

Oh my.....

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3