Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

28 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I currently have Netflix, hbo and Disney+, I only watch Mandalorian on Disney+ and will only watch Star Wars and mcu shows, I have no interest in anything else on there. Having Disney+ will also save me the cost of having to buy mcu/Star Wars movies ever again as I switched to digital purchase a while ago so keeping Disney+ makes sense for me. 

I can’t speak for anyone else but for me Disney+ doesn’t even come close to Netflix with regards to content, obviously it just launched and they’ll keep adding but the fact that they’ll never have anything R rated on there leads me to believe they’ll never top Netflix.  I believe they said Hulu will get the r rated stuff? Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

For me HBO is always tops with regards to  top quality content and I expect that to stay the same with hbo max even though hbo max won’t be really coming to Canada. 

I believe you’re right in regards to Hulu. From what I understand, Disney+ is mostly supposed to be home to the more family friendly side of Disney. That’s why I assume stuff like Family Guy and the Alien franchise aren’t on there. 

Apple, Google, Amazon... can stay in the "streaming war" as long as they like - they have so much money in the bank thanks to worldwide tax evasion. Bezos dropped $250M just to get the rights to a LOTR TV show and get a GoT for Amazon, but $250M is nothing to him. They might even end up on top eventually, just like Microsoft's side project X-Box in the console war.

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I believe you’re right in regards to Hulu. From what I understand, Disney+ is mostly supposed to be home to the more family friendly side of Disney. That’s why I assume stuff like Family Guy and the Alien franchise aren’t on there. 

Ya I can understand why anyone who loves Disney movies + mcu etc would absolutely love Disney +, and it’s great for families as well, but for my family Netflix has more options for them and hbo is just something we’ve had for years cause of all the shows we’ve loved on there, and they keep producing quality content.

I actually forgot to mention I have amazon prime as well but I do order quite a bit from amazon so it’s almost worth it just for the free shipping. Add in the boys, and Jack Ryan and some other shows on there and it’s just icing on the cake ( and the soon to be Lotr series). They also sometimes get movies a bit earlier then the standard movie channel here which is good as well. 

• Like 1

Since this used to be the franchise wars thread here's a little franchise of a different sort:

- Inside Job (2010)

- Too Big to Fail (2011)

- Margin Call (2011)

- The Big Short (2015)

Too Big to Fail is an HBO movie and clearly on slightly lower level as far as the overall feel and flow of it, but I still enjoy it.  Margin Call and The Big Short are some of my favorites.

36 minutes ago, MattW said:

Since this used to be the franchise wars thread here's a little franchise of a different sort:

- Inside Job (2010)

- Too Big to Fail (2011)

- Margin Call (2011)

- The Big Short (2015)

Too Big to Fail is an HBO movie and clearly on slightly lower level as far as the overall feel and flow of it, but I still enjoy it.  Margin Call and The Big Short are some of my favorites.

Should Hustlers also count?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattW said:

- Inside Job (2010)

- Too Big to Fail (2011)

- Margin Call (2011)

- The Big Short (2015)

I love the bottom 3, i'm eh on Inside Job, found it to be a bit boring. Margin Call is very good, it has great actors and all of them do a very good job. I prefer Too Big to Fail over it though. I prefer the fact that TBTF is focused over the entire recession rather than just a single day. I also like that it is fairly true to actual events, whereas MC is entirely fictional. 

For me the rankings would go like

1) The Big Short

2) Too Big to Fail

3) Margin Call

4) Inside Job

• Like 1

I was at the Paris Public Library this week-end.

There is a film-video section under the label art & movies.

None of the MCU movies were to be found under that art label.

But you could look at at all the Commercials Martin Scorcese shot for 10 m a pop for the luxury brands.

Scorcese has no dignity whatsoever.

Refusing to confront audiences tastes at the theaters and then begging money to a tech company to make his new film.

And then declaring in interviews his patronizing & condescending  disdain about the movies that fill theaters.

War veterans had dignity.

Their children on the other hand ...

Edited by The Futurist
  • Knock It Off 2

2 hours ago, StarWarsMemer said:

Do you think that TRoS will beat EG's OW in a week?

I’ve moved your post here from the Tracking thread. Please note that the tracking thread is for tracking purposes and any associated discussions. 

If you wanna do any comparisons unrelated to tracking, u can post it here or in the movie’s thread. Better yet you can open a club in the club section