grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

2 minutes ago, Magic Eric said:

Is that just the set from that one scene in Jurassic World: Dominion?

Probably. Universal does like to reuse things. Like in the movie big fat liar where jim carrey's grinch's costume shows up.

Speaking of which. Im surprised that Vin never convinced Frankie Muniz to show up in the franchise, Considering Muniz has history with actual race cars

1 minute ago, Reddroast said:

Probably. Universal does like to reuse things. Like in the movie big fat liar where jim carrey's grinch's costume shows up.

Speaking of which. Im surprised that Vin never convinced Frankie Muniz to show up in the franchise, Considering Muniz has history with actual race cars

Not Universal, but the potential situation does remind me of the time Michael Bay spliced shots from The Island into Transformers 3 because one the stunt drivers died.

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

Brie Larson is not an in demand actress like Margot Robbie or Florence Pugh so she will take what she gets 

Robbie wishes to be in two successful franchises, especially after how her last couple of releases were box office bombs. Not to forget she's still chasing that Oscar.

Edited by Saul Goodman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Also secret option d - they all want a bigger house built from Fast residuals.

Honestly, if Judi Dench didn't have sight problems, Vin would have signed up her as well.

I remember someone asked her why she did The Chronicles of Riddick, she replied: 'You'd done the same if you were paid as much as I was.'

39 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

They make casting decisions based on financial sense. Brie is a star she can get roles most actors would dream of. 

Nah.  She is no star just because she starred in a 1B movie. So many actors in big movies can't get other roles. The fact that she has no major acting credits after her Oscar win says it all

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah nothing really impressed me here, it all just feels like retreads of stuff the franchise had done better in the past. the idea that Jason Momoa was just out of frame for the entirety of the climax of fast five is pretty funny.

@CJohn mentioned it reminded him of how Jake Gyllenhaal was retconned to be in Captain America Civil War that whole time with BARF but he was just out of frame, and that killed me. 

The main thing I'm happy to see is my guy Han and Shaw having some rivals who might need to fuck energy after all that bad blood

Edited by MrPink
  • Haha 4