Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Rumblings started when FATWS disappointed. They are silenced now that Loki is so beloved. So about 2 months of rumblings. :hahaha:

Heh. FATWS is my favorite of the three so far. Unless you mean it was less popular than the other two. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Heh. FATWS is my favorite of the three so far. Unless you mean it was less popular than the other two. 

FATWS is actually the most popular in ratings, let's see how Loki compares 

7 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

FATWS is actually the most popular in ratings, let's see how Loki compares 

????

Don’t see anything to suggest this, FatW seems consistently the last in the ratings I’m aware of. What are you referring to specifically?

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Shockingly this is actually relatively within the range it was tracking pre-covid

I was on 120-150 pre-pandemic, now like 95-125. If it was theatrical exclusive there’s be very little % effect — especially to the total.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lokis Legion said:

????

Don’t see anything to suggest this, FatW seems consistently the last in the ratings I’m aware of. What are you referring to specifically?

Wait correct me if I am wrong but didn't Falcon top Nielsen ratings multiple times?

1 hour ago, Menor said:

Yeah but D+ had more subscribers. It wasn't hugely ahead of WV and had much less growth throughout.

WV didn't hold for a extra week after finale in Nielsen rating but Falcon did. I think that's a good sign. 

12 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Wait correct me if I am wrong but didn't Falcon top Nielsen ratings multiple times?

11 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

WV didn't hold for a extra week after finale in Nielsen rating but Falcon did. I think that's a good sign. 

Wanda held about as strong post finale, stronger finale, more total views (and on a slightly smaller D+ user base, though I don’t think the difference there is too important). Full Nielsen runs (finale underlined):

Spoiler

WandaVision

Week 1 - 434M mins / 61 mins - 7.1M views

Week 2 - 376M mins (810M mins) / 30 mins (91 mins) - 8.9M views

Week 3 - 431M mins (1241M mins) / 35 mins (126 mins) - 9.9M views

Week 4 - 589M mins (1830M mins) / 42 mins (168 mins) - 10.9M views

Week 5 - 596M mins (2426M mins) / 38 mins (206 mins) - 11.8M views

Week 6 - 720M mins (3146M mins) / 38 mins (244 mins) - 12.9M views

Week 7 - 732M mins (3878M mins) / 47 mins (291 mins) - 13.3M views

Week 8 - 924M mins (4802M mins) / 50 mins (341 mins) - 14.1M views

Week 9 — 388M mins (5190M Mins) / 0 mins (341 mins) - 15.2M views
Week 10 — 252M mins (5442M mins) / 0 mins (341 mins) - 15.95M views

Week 11 — off of chart

Spoiler

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Week 1 - 495 mins/ 47 mins - 10.5M views  
Week 2 - 628 mins (1123 mins) / 46 mins (93 mins) - 12M views 

Week 3 - 628 mins (1751 mins) / 53 mins (146 mins) - 12M views

Week 4 - 748 mins (2499 mins) / 53 mins (199 mins) - 12.5M views

Week 5 - 855 mins (3354 mins) / 60 mins (259 mins) - 13M views

Week 6 - 796 mins (4150 mins) / 51 mins (310 mins) - 13.4M views

Week 7 - 364 mins (4514 mins) / 0 mins (310 mins) - 14.6M views

Week 8 - 204 mins (4718 mins) / 0 mins (310 mins) - 15.2M views 

Edited by Lokis Legion
  • Like 3

“They’re all the same” is the argument of one that doesn’t have a good case otherwise. It’s a lazy fallback that can be considered true if all you are interested is the absolute baseline and want to win an argument Ben Shapiro style. 

these movies are certainly not all the same. Otherwise they’d all perform the same. 

Edited by HouseOfTheSun
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Shockingly this is actually relatively within the range it was tracking pre-covid

I'm trying to understand your comment here.  What are you referring to exactly, as I can't figure it out.

(BOP's last updated OW forecast I saw was 65-90 and I don't think it's been updated yet)

Edited by Porthos

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'm trying to understand your comment here.  What are you referring to exactly, as I can't figure it out.

(BOP's last updated OW forecast I saw was 65-90 and I don't think it's been updated yet)

Presumably referring to how our actual expectations are now roughly within the original BOP 90-130 range ;) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Presumably referring to how our actual expectations are now roughly within the original BOP 90-130 range ;) 

I mean, fair enough, but I still worry that folks think that the market has recovered more than it perhaps has. 

Also, the folks who left reactions to SpiderByte's post might want to re-check the date of the tweet. ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

I mean, fair enough, but I still worry that folks think that the market has recovered more than it perhaps has. 

Also, the folks who left reactions to SpiderByte's post might want to re-check the date of the tweet. ;)

Hmmm

Looking back, I can't tell if spiderbyte was aware that that was 15 month old tracking either.   

I definitely know what tracking was issued when, and imo the march 2020 range is a lot better for the current situation than the Jun 2021 range -- but we'll.jist have to wait and see how the final week goes, of course.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lokis Legion said:

They aren’t all the same, and the GA doesn’t treat them like all being the same, and so it’s not useful from a BO perspective to act like they’re all the same. That’s why it’s a you problem if you generalize from the personal feeling of “these all feel the same to me” to “these are all the same” 😛 

Theres nothing that says the GA treats each movie in the franchise differently. These are usually similarly performing big-budget blockbusters. Most people don't even care about this. They see something that looks fun made by people who made fun stuff before, they watch it. I don't think people are  interested in Black Widow because it's a "spy-thriller". 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Menor said:

Genre is not a singular thing. There is no reason why something couldn't be both a superhero film and a space opera/heist/whatever. I think you could argue that Bond and Harry Potter also switch genres to an extent but it's less overt than in the MCU. 

I think you're right but I also think the degree to which Marvel really dips its toes into different genres is often overstated. No, Winter Solider is not a 70s-esque spy thriller - it's an action-heavy superhero movie with an unambiguous good guy, the usual 3 act structure, and it happens to have fewer jokes than most MCU entries. (And that's not a bad thing! It might be Marvel's best movie).

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Theres nothing that says the GA treats each movie in the franchise differently. These are usually similarly performing big-budget blockbusters. Most people don't even care about this. They see something that looks fun made by people who made fun stuff before, they watch it. I don't think people are  interested in Black Widow because it's a "spy-thriller". 

The variety keeps people interested.

I mean BW, Shang Chi, Eternals and probably Spider-man No Way Home all offer a somewhat different experience from each other. 

No one would associate these films with each other if they didn't have the MCU stamp.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The variety keeps people interested.

I mean BW, Shang Chi, Eternals and probably Spider-man No Way Home all offer a somewhat different experience from each other. 

No one would associate these films with each other if they didn't have the MCU stamp.

They all look the same, have the same kind of quippy humor, and 2nd unit directed, completely pre-vized action. I'm not sure what different experience each offer. These movies don't have a radical difference in the kind of audiences they attract or the kind of comments people make about each of them. I think people are interested because it's the same as what worked before for this franchise. Very few people are actually going into something like the Eternals expecting it to be a different type of movie from Shang Chi.

• Like 4