Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

This movie is terrible my god. Critics needs to stop giving Marvel a pass because it leads to half assed  job like this. They’re so comfortable  they know people will eat up whatever junk they release.

the action is piss poor the VFX laughably bad from beginning to end, the direction as whole is so pedestrian I wonder what was the plan here. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Tracking thread now suggests that’s out of reach. 

57 minutes ago, Menor said:

Not really, just hard. All it needs is a good T-1 and final day and it's back in play.

It's OK but one can cross fingers til the end. :) And contribute with a trip to the cinema. :stirthepot:

Just saw it in the U.K.  

As a contrary opinion to the poster above, I liked it very much. 
I don’t think any MCU fan will be remotely disappointed. If you’re one who enjoys the more grounded stuff inbetween the action scenes then this one will be right up your street. 
Me? I couldn’t care less about the action scenes to be honest. They’re not why I go to MCU movies. I go for the characters, and there’s several new ones here that are a delight. David Harbor and Florence Pugh are really tremendous additions. 

• Like 3

Released here in Singapore today; I think it is passable but one of the weakest MCU films to date. I am not sure how many people in the audience really enjoyed it as there were not a lot of reactions (to be fair due to restrictions the cinema is pretty spaced out so pretty quiet). Also not sure where the climax was supposed to be.. the film just moves along...

Don't want to go into spoiler territory, but I do think that if it was not an MCU film, critics might be harsher and this feels like a film with RT score of 60/70% instead.

Will give it another go with my family via PA on D+ this Friday; hopefully 2nd viewing will be better.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think releasing in these two theaters unless even they will eventually cancel it.

https://www.kino.dk/booking/flow/movie-step-2?movie=1511490

yeah. If they dont cancel its still 110 miles each way and the trip will cost 150-200$ in ticket, bridge fee and gas

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Released here in Singapore today; I think it is passable but one of the weakest MCU films to date. I am not sure how many people in the audience really enjoyed it as there were not a lot of reactions (to be fair due to restrictions the cinema is pretty spaced out so pretty quiet). Also not sure where the climax was supposed to be.. the film just moves along...

Don't want to go into spoiler territory, but I do think that if it was not an MCU film, critics might be harsher and this feels like a film with RT score of 60/70% instead.

Will give it another go with my family via PA on D+ this Friday; hopefully 2nd viewing will be better.

So, is this movie in the vein of Fant4stic and New Mutants - did it forget to be a superhero movie 1st (before its secondary genre)?  Of the 1st 3 reviewers here, I'm seeing that the best moments are when it's not a superhero movie (the "quiet" family scenes between action).  So, did it just fail at the superheroing part or skip it entirely (like the 2 I mentioned)?  I'm actually curious now...

16 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, is this movie in the vein of Fant4stic and New Mutants - did it forget to be a superhero movie 1st (before its secondary genre)?  Of the 1st 3 reviewers here, I'm seeing that the best moments are when it's not a superhero movie (the "quiet" family scenes between action).  So, did it just fail at the superheroing part or skip it entirely (like the 2 I mentioned)?  I'm actually curious now...

To be fair; i didn't watch the new Fantastic 4 or New Mutants 😅 so i cannot make a fair comparison.  Trying not to spoil anything here.

In summary i mean it is a mix bag, it didn't feel superhero enough (to be fair BW doesn't have superpowers) but the 2 Guardians film handled that well. I felt it was made more as a spy movie? Not sure how to say it - it tries to imitate a spy movie but I just feel it falls short of the classics.

Quiet moments - maybe fans will enjoy those, but not sure how general audience will react to those. I mean there were deliberate moments to pull heartstrings.

And what the critics said about the villain is true..  I am not really into BW's comics but is there a villain who is more of a threat to actually bring to the big screen instead of Taskmaster?

Again - i don't think it is terrible, i think it is passable and I will watch again. I just think maybe keep your expectations in check and you will enjoy it. :)

tell me how it goes. Haha.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Tracking thread. Was scrolling through quickly and someone said “doesn’t bode well for $100m”. 

There's no indication in general as yet. It's on $90-110 pace as was before. Some market may have a bad day or sort of but MTC numbers we are getting are not suggesting that 100 is anyway out of reach.

This isn't to say 100 is guaranteed, just that it isn't out of reach either.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

There's no indication in general as yet. It's on $90-110 pace as was before. Some market may have a bad day or sort of but MTC numbers we are getting are not suggesting that 100 is anyway out of reach.

This isn't to say 100 is guaranteed, just that it isn't out of reach either.

Good news then. Hopefully the thread gives some number projections tomorrow then. 

I’d be happy with $80m+ and a new pandemic record. Not like me to be supporting a Disney film lol. 

But I’ve been waiting for this for years. My favourite Marvel character. 2 hours to go!