Kevin Bacon

BLAIR WITCH | Sequel to THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT | 9/16/16 | The Blair Witch returns as The Blair "Blair Witch" Witch

52 minutes ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

Babadook imo is everything that is wrong with horror movies today. It's not the least bit scary and it's horrible script. For some reason critics found to be incredible. It's not really a horror film in my opinion.

And yet it scared me as though I was watching It for the first time throughout all four of my viewings, and seriously stands as the scariest movie of the past five years for me. So much tension that my left shoulder hurt for days following my fourth viewing! It's a masterpiece of the genre. The script, the editing, the all time performance from the lead, all incredible. It's subtle and, like the Babadook itself, it lingers. I'd say it gets everything right and that it's everything that's lacking in most of today's horror films, and I say that as a horror lover. To me it's pure viscera and artistry. But this is the Blair Witch thread, so here's hoping I can say similar things about the new movie come Thursday.

• Like 5

Just came from watching this:

(Didnt watch the original, but I enjoyed stuff like Cloverfield and the V/H/S movies)

*I found the first 2 acts okay. Some good moments of tension, but mostly nothing remarkably great or unwatchable.

*Really liked the climax. Was genuinely scared by some stuff in here.

You see the witch herself in 3 short glimpses throughout the film, but damn is she terrifying. Like some tall, fleshy creature with long limbs!!!

There's also a pretty neat concept that plays with the fact that

the witch's forest somehow alters space/time. Like days pass without anyone noticing, or its still dark out when its like 7 am or something. 

Plus theres one cool moment though in the finale when the stormy night turns into morning for a few brief moments before suddenly turning back into night again!! 

And the cabin is fucking terrifying on an atmospheric/aesthetic level.

Ill give it 3/4 for now cos I liked the finale..a lot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

I recently watched Alien....and boy...does it suck...when i was a kid i found it scary, but now i find it plain laughable. Except the chestburster scene and sigourney's acting, everything is lame. 

The number one reason you dislike it is cause it's a Fox movie :lol: 

That's what happens when a movie is too much hyped before the release, even mixed reactions will end being way worse than it actually is. If this movie didn't have the whole 'acclamation' before the release and a great director behind it, this score wouldn't look so bad as it looks now, I have a feeling that this will help Rings, everybody is already expecting a shit, so, once that it is released and receive terrible reviews, nobody will be surprised at all, lol.

Critics Consensus: Blair Witchdoles out a handful of effective scares, but aside from a few new twists, it mainly offers a belated rehash of the original -- and far more memorable -- first film.

So, the problem is that it is a rehash of the original movie? Well, it didn't seems to bother critics when came from The Force Awakens or Jurassic World.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Critics Consensus: Blair Witchdoles out a handful of effective scares, but aside from a few new twists, it mainly offers a belated rehash of the original -- and far more memorable -- first film.

So, the problem is that it is a rehash of the original movie? Well, it didn't seems to bother critics when came from The Force Awakens or Jurassic World.

Force Awakens was paramount for the health of the american economy, literrally bllions were at stake, there was no way mass media were gonna trash or attack the film.

• Like 2