grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Checked against other screening counts and yep, for whatever reason, at least where I live, there's a lot less screenings of Dune than of other releases. They could always add more if demand is high enough but there's a very clear difference.

Dune today vs No Time to Die a few days after tickets first went on sale, same AMC theater, for opening Friday

NovRtGV.jpg

wFSpVJi.jpeg

Maybe theyre hedging on HBO Max so they don't take up as many screens if it faces similar underperforming/drops? Though in that case it'd become a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Why did it piss people off? Im just curious, i remember liking it a lot when i watched it in cinemas.

Maybe that's too strongly worded.  I just remember talking to a few other members about it and the longer it marinates, the more we found with it.  For me personally, I enjoyed it on the whole but I just know there pieces of I didn't care for and this became more apparent as time went on,.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

No Time To Die Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-2 Days and Counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

8.12%

Total Sellouts Added Today

Total Net Showings Added Today

Total Net Seats Added Today

Total Net Seats Sold Today

T-2 Adjusted Comp

%

Sold T-2

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

AQP II 

26/118

2479/4349

43.00%

6.00m

F9

0/143

15720/18180

13.53%

6.52m

NTTD (AQP adj)

---

0/176

22101/24335

9.18%

---

NTTD (F9 adj)

---

0/155

19280/21436

10.06%

---

COMP NOTE: Both the AQP II comp and the F9 comp have been adjusted to reflect the return of Ontario theaters to the DOM market (what would be normally be the comp/0.955).

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: NTTD (AQP adj) is the amount of seats sold that does not include DBOX showings which were not tracked at that time while NTTD (F9 adj) is the amount of seats sold that does not include theaters which had unreliable data polluting their seat maps.

SELLOUT NOTE:  Locally, AQP II was still under a capacity cap, which greatly inflated the number of sellouts as well as depressing the amount of seats available.

Matinee: 137/1882 [5.05% sold] | 6.05% of all tickets sold

Regal:     480/8058 [5.96% sold] [+64 tickets]

====

SMG sellout strikes again.  Still think it's only pushing up totals by at most a handful of tickets so I won't lose sleep over it.

As for the T-2 bump.... Eh.  At least the F9 comp inched up?

I'm going to guess the SMG "sellout" is them gaiting tickets due to lack of staff given their full service dine in model.  

• Like 1

Simple story for Bond in my area: every showtime is selling at least pretty well and some very well all throughout the weekend, so it should be a nice backloaded hit. But the downside is that it's getting crushed in showtimes - 1/3rd of Venom this weekend, and probably 1/4th of Venom's OW. Just too much ground to make up there.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2021/10/no-time-to-die-fandango-presales-record-1234850717/

After an 18 month release date delay due to the pandemic, the anticipation for MGM/EON/United Artist Releasing’s 25th James Bond movie, No Time to Die, is no doubt huge: Fandango is reporting that the advance ticket sales for Daniel Craig’s swan song as 007 are already outstripping Universal’s F9 and Sony’s Venom: Let There Be Carnage, and it’s target to become the online ticket seller’s best ever for a Bond movie.

Fandango reports that already hundreds of showtimes are sold out across the U.S. with theater owners adding new showtimes to meet fan demand.

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

I thought Mike Myers died in the last one, why did they let him out the fucking Basement?

Because the last one made 250 million on a budget of 10 mill.  Michael Myers could have been swallowed whole by JAWS in the last one and he would have found a way out of the sharks belly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Menor said:

Must be Sat+Sun sales pushing it above those two. I don't see how previews and Friday would be ahead in the US. 

Monday (10/11) is Columbus Day in the States. Maybe Sunday will have a smaller drop off from Saturday since people have the following day off.