grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

3 minutes ago, XO21 said:

comscore-5-22-2.jpg?w=1260

The Mummy isn't looking good, WW might stay on top for two weeks...that Apes number is just abysmal :sarah:

I think Apes will do $55-60m OW, lower than the last film but still respectable

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Source?

Proboxoffice is not industry tracking. 

Members and the mods have been using presales and it's 81% of what Suicide Squad was doing at the same point which translates to around $103-107m OW if it keeps up the pace. I think $100m+ is more likely than $80m

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

@CJohn Are you thinking that Wonder Woman might hit a certain landmark on its weekend of opening?  Maybe some number that has not yet been achieved before?

Now that you mention it...

tenor.gif

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Members and the mods have been using presales and it's 81% of what Suicide Squad was doing at the same point which translates to around $103-107m OW if it keeps up the pace. I think $100m+ is more likely than $80m

Genuine question, I think I remember reading something in here how online ticket sales have increased by 33% compared to last year, but maybe I'm mistaken. So if it's doing 81% of SS but online sales have increased substantially since then what does that mean?

Edited by HesAPooka

I'm gonna wait on my picks b/c my locals have not put any screens towards CU yet and they have only put 3 screens (mall) / 1 1/2 screens (local) for Wonder Woman and I can't judge the films til I know how the theaters are gonna book them.  When my locals only give 1 screen, it seems like $50M is the absolute max a film can make, and I'm worried CU may get that treatment (or worse with a split for 3d, which would hold down its opening further).  Not to mention, only 1 1/2 and 3 screens for WW is gonna also hold down the opening more than I'd like to guesstimate for it.  

I'm hoping they drop some GOTG and Aliens screens for these movies (or drop some old movies), but we'll see...

Although it won't be good for CU presales to literally have no way to buy tickets for this weekend at my 3 closest theaters...hopefully, Monday they get booked...

18 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm gonna wait on my picks b/c my locals have not put any screens towards CU yet and they have only put 3 screens (mall) / 1 1/2 screens (local) for Wonder Woman and I can't judge the films til I know how the theaters are gonna book them.  When my locals only give 1 screen, it seems like $50M is the absolute max a film can make, and I'm worried CU may get that treatment (or worse with a split for 3d, which would hold down its opening further).  Not to mention, only 1 1/2 and 3 screens for WW is gonna also hold down the opening more than I'd like to guesstimate for it.  

I'm hoping they drop some GOTG and Aliens screens for these movies (or drop some old movies), but we'll see...

Although it won't be good for CU presales to literally have no way to buy tickets for this weekend at my 3 closest theaters...hopefully, Monday they get booked...

YourMother won't be happy, he's stanning for CU to make more money than WW :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

YourMother won't be happy, he's stanning for CU to make more money than WW :P

When have I've said that? I want WW to do extraordinary box office and it'll easily beat Underpants but when I tell say your underestimating a film I become a nutjob.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

When have I've said that? I want WW to do extraordinary box office and it'll easily beat Underpants but when I tell say your underestimating a film I become a nutjob.

I'm only kidding but apologies if you took offence to it.

• Like 2

Just now, Jonwo said:

I'm only kidding but apologies if you took offence to it.

No, I'm sorry. I've been kind of stressed this weekend but that's not an excuse. Hope I didn't come off wrong.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Does the Embargo for Captain Underpants also break tomorrow? 

One non-verified random person tweeted Captain Underpants' embargo is supposedly Thursday?

Edited by Lake
  • Like 1

On 2017-5-28 at 1:42 PM, FantasticBeasts said:

Tracking has increased and it is now at $90m.

Consiseeing that tracking is usually conservative, +$100m OW feels more than a safe bet.

There are a lot of recent examples that proof this is not true.

• Like 1